Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Budget.........
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21607
Location: A City near Birmingham
Given your areas age limits on new plated cars, what would you reckon a fair budget is?

we have a 6 year limit for a 1st grant, ive done one for £3600, its taken more than that since we plated it...

im afraid cheap is the way forward after trying new and/or expensive............

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget.........
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17345
We once plated a Cityrover just for school runs. We paid £995 for the car and got nearly 5 years out of it. The repairs were tyres and a few wheel bearings and general servicing. The best £ for £ car we ever had.
One of the Meganes that we used to run cost us £1250 to buy with similar maintenance costs but a few electrical problems.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget.........
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21607
Location: A City near Birmingham
grandad wrote:
We once plated a Cityrover just for school runs. We paid £995 for the car and got nearly 5 years out of it. The repairs were tyres and a few wheel bearings and general servicing. The best £ for £ car we ever had.
One of the Meganes that we used to run cost us £1250 to buy with similar maintenance costs but a few electrical problems.


a passenger paid my lad a £4 fare and said "didnt you have a big Audi?" (now in a 508) to which our lad replied........"i did and you paid £4 for that......"

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget.........
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 41282
Location: 1066 Country
wannabeeahack wrote:
im afraid cheap is the way forward after trying new and/or expensive............

I buy new, but my pocket doesn't like it.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget.........
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21607
Location: A City near Birmingham
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
im afraid cheap is the way forward after trying new and/or expensive............

I buy new, but my pocket doesn't like it.


so long as your passengers pay extra its fine

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget.........
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21607
Location: A City near Birmingham
Pug 508 1.6
i40 1.7
Mondeo 1.6

thats about it i think

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group