Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cab Direct
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:41 pm 

Quick update on the above. Cab Direct have fucked the conversion up. They've put a smaller fuel tank on and a smaller adblue tank. The adblue and fuel tank aren't creating enough pressure hence why the engine management light is coming on.

The Peugeot Dealership won't touch it because it's a conversion. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:29 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:

They all use dealerships, The Taxi Centre use Rainworth Skoda like cabs4less, Cab Direct use dealerships, they make people think they have the vehicle in stock when people phone up.

TBF mark at Cabs4less asked what I wanted and he emailed me a UK Skoda stocklist, cars here, cars on the ferry and cars rolling out the factory (stock with no deposits paid/sold), right down to if they had a proper spare wheel, i couldnt have asked for better, and it was delivered spot on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:51 pm 

I had the same problem with my Peugeot partner W/C add blue pump faulty. They blamed it on the conversion Peugeot fixed it and all was ok . But then on monday had a abs fault come up .Booked it in they told me the wiring for the rear abs sensor was broken and the break in the wire was above the fuel tank Which was also down to the conversion got to remove the tank to get to it. One driver had this on the road for 1 week still in at Peugeot 3 weeks later. All he told me there's a problem with the conversion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:00 pm 

Do they change the fuel tank to get the ramp in underneath the floor?

:-k

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:03 pm 

I have been told that they put a smaller tank in to make way for the lowered floor. But this information comes third hand. Seems to me that they are rushing the conversion to keep up with the orders. And people like you and me are paying the price for the bad workman's ship. Which is a shame because I personally think that cab direct are the best in what they do. I have never had a problem with the conversion before. Only the vehicles they are based on

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:57 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Do they change the fuel tank to get the ramp in underneath the floor?

:-k

That's correct, there's not enough pressure to power the fuel pumps in both the adblue tank and the diesel tank.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:02 pm 

perry wrote:
I have been told that they put a smaller tank in to make way for the lowered floor. But this information comes third hand. Seems to me that they are rushing the conversion to keep up with the orders. And people like you and me are paying the price for the bad workman's ship. Which is a shame because I personally think that cab direct are the best in what they do. I have never had a problem with the conversion before. Only the vehicles they are based on

They are correct, the tank is taken out and a small tank installed, same with the adblue tank on them, they replace it with a smaller adblue tank, the problems start because there's not enough pressure for the fuel pumps to operate.

The dealership didn't do it under warranty, Cab Direct had to foot the bill because it was a converted part.

The fuel tank was only held in by one thread on all of the bolts, the mechanic at the dealership said, this is a bodge job mate and shouldn't be on the road, a good few bumps and the tank would have fell off it was that loose.

He's not going back there for another car, he was close to sending it back but they conned him by saying that his 14 day cooling off period had finished. He didn't know about the fit for purpose law or he would have sent it back.