Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: wav`s
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:22 pm 

reet, can you buy something like a 8 seater e7, rip some seats out/install tracking for our disabled friends :roll: then just crack on ?, do they need "specific" fixings etc? the non wavs are quite a bit cheaper than the wavs

Post subject: Re: wav`s
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:31 pm 

Would you intend to have the wheelchair forward face or rearward facing? How do you intend to fit the seatbelt? Once fitted, how do you intend getting the thing tested? Do you intend telling your insurance that you have made a modification to the vehicle that has not been authorised by the manufacturer?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:50 pm 

grandad wrote:
Would you intend to have the wheelchair forward face or rearward facing? How do you intend to fit the seatbelt? Once fitted, how do you intend getting the thing tested? Do you intend telling your insurance that you have made a modification to the vehicle that has not been authorised by the manufacturer?

either as it would be side loading tbh

just buy the seatbelts that fit the tracking

tested by the council

not really, just plate it as a wav

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:11 pm 

Tbh, this is a tricky one for me im between a "rock & a hard place"
firstly, i only work on a fri ( rarely) & sat night so dont want to spend what you lot do , secondly it has to be a wav , need to do it as cheap as possible as i said paying a lot of cash for a taxi that will be hardly used seems silly tbh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:02 am 

ven2112 wrote:
reet, can you buy something like a 8 seater e7, rip some seats out/install tracking for our disabled friends :roll: then just crack on ?, do they need "specific" fixings etc? the non wavs are quite a bit cheaper than the wavs

You would have to get an IVA once you have done the conversion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:40 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

I was alluding to that when I asked him who was going to test it. It was obvious by his answer that he didn't know what he was doing so I thought I would leave it there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:22 pm 

grandad wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

I was alluding to that when I asked him who was going to test it. It was obvious by his answer that he didn't know what he was doing so I thought I would leave it there.

i do know , i told you, the council mate :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:58 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
grandad wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:

i do know , i told you, the council mate :wink:

Councils do not do IVAs. VOSA do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:40 pm 

when i got my doblo i put it in for the taxi test at the council, they asked if i had a certificate for the conversion off the buyer, i didn't & got charged £30 (?) for them to do it , like i said, the council do it :wink:, not gonna lie mate ffs :roll:

EDIT: actually im sure i posted it on here at the time, sadly i can only view my posts & not posts created on this forum :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:30 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
when i got my doblo i put it in for the taxi test at the council, they asked if i had a certificate for the conversion off the buyer, i didn't & got charged £30 (?) for them to do it , like i said, the council do it :wink:, not gonna lie mate ffs :roll:

EDIT: actually im sure i posted it on here at the time, sadly i can only view my posts & not posts created on this forum :roll:

If you say so. Did they send your V5 off to the DVLA for the modification? Did you mod it yourself or had it been done before. In which case it may already have been on the registration document and you got charged £30.00 for nowt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:32 pm 

grandad wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

If you say so. Did they send your V5 off to the DVLA for the modification? Did you mod it yourself or had it been done before. In which case it may already have been on the registration document and you got charged £30.00 for nowt.

if i say so ??, ffs i posted it on here ,no idea mate tbh about sending it off though

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:40 am 

The fees for IVA are here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-vehicles

And you will need and IVA. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:29 pm 

grandad wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

well like i said, as above , i put the dobbi in for its plate after i bought it, i was asked if i had a certificate for the conversion , i replied no , they said they would do the checks themselves & it was £19 not £30 ( hence the question mark after the £30, i couldn't remember) , i have no idea if they sent anything off , i didn't receive a certificate, it passed & i got my hack plate, i had a dig about & found the receipt, i dont know the ins & outs of this as its my first wav, one thing though, i may be a lot of things, but a liar i aint :wink: oh & its not on the log book as a wav either :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:26 pm 

The fooking silence is deafening :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 pm 

Maybe because we all know that you have not paid for an IVA but you still think you are right and can't accept the possibility that you are wrong and posters can do without you telling them that they are wrong and you are right as usual.