PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 pm 

TBF there were far more 5+ reviews, but any car get some bad ones

Post subject: Re: new car.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:44 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
grandad wrote:
skippy41 wrote:
Aircraft crash position but with knees on the roof lining

When did you have a ride in the back of one?

Had a look at a customers one, got into the back and its cramped, In Majorca, they have one called the Logie, its a six seater,, loads of room ,don't know why they don't sell them here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17RJ_43PGbk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:48 pm 

grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
sasha wrote:
Built by Romanians using French parts. What could possibly go wrong ? :wink: :lol:

I hate to think.

Have you read any reliability reports for Dacia cars?

No I'm not interested TBH, all I know is they aren't built to be Taxis. The name Renault puts me off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:51 am 

Been having a look at the Prius plus, loads of room, individual centre row of seats, and 2 extra in the back if you need them, 1.8 engine with 134 bhp
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701040983873?advertising-location=at_cars&model=PRIUS%2B&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&postcode=td12ly&make=TOYOTA&radius=1500&page=5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
Been having a look at the Prius plus, loads of room, individual centre row of seats, and 2 extra in the back if you need them, 1.8 engine with 134 bhp

From a Superb to a Prius?

like wearing a straightjacket

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:04 am 

skippy41 wrote:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701040983873?advertising-location=at_cars&model=PRIUS%2B&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&postcode=td12ly&make=TOYOTA&radius=1500&page=5

Skippys gone full retard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:05 pm 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... t-chrysler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:04 pm 

We have just been to pick up the Dacia. Meter install and Council test on Tuesday, graphics on Wednesday. With a fair wind we could have it on the road by next Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:40 pm 

grandad wrote:
We have just been to pick up the Dacia. Meter install and Council test on Tuesday, graphics on Wednesday. With a fair wind we could have it on the road by next Friday.

I took the paperwork into the Council on Tuesday. Just had an email to say that the plates wont be ready today. When I rang on Wednesday I was told that the paperwork had not been received by the licensing department. It seems that it takes at least 24 hours plus to get from the reception area to the first floor., less than a 2 minute walk.
I am convinced that the way in which licenses are processed is deliberately slow just to preserve jobs. The whole thing should be done online now and take a few minutes but no, the paperwork is filled in manually and then all the paperwork is scanned into the computer, why? If you want documents to be kept on a computer why not have them filled out on a computer and sent electronically. I suppose that would be to quick though. Why do they have to take a photo copy of all 4 pages of the V5 Registration document when all the details are on page 2. Instead of photo copying the damn thing and then scanning it in, if they need to have it scanned in, why not do this in the first place.
I remember one of the Councillors saying when they were increasing the fees last year that they need to run the department like a business. Well I have news for him, if any business were as wasteful as this they would go out of business.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm 

When I worked for the council everything we entered into the computer was backed up daily onto one server, then there was a second backup to a different server in case the first got corrupted, then a third backup onto hard disk that would get stored indefinately.

Also any documents that had been produced on computer were printed out in triplicate, one for reference in case the computers went down, the second for filing and the third for long term archiving. Of course whenever anyone wanted to see the documents instead of just logging in they would contact the person responsible who would print out yet another copy and send them via the internal mail ! :roll: #-o

Then we introduced networked printers, if someone wanted a document I could send it to be printed out in the office the other person worked rather than printing and sending via internal mail. Oh the joy when it got sent to EVERY printer on the network by mistake ! :badgrin:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 am 

sasha wrote:
When I worked for the council everything we entered into the computer was backed up daily onto one server, then there was a second backup to a different server in case the first got corrupted, then a third backup onto hard disk that would get stored indefinately.

Also any documents that had been produced on computer were printed out in triplicate, one for reference in case the computers went down, the second for filing and the third for long term archiving. Of course whenever anyone wanted to see the documents instead of just logging in they would contact the person responsible who would print out yet another copy and send them via the internal mail ! :roll: #-o

Then we introduced networked printers, if someone wanted a document I could send it to be printed out in the office the other person worked rather than printing and sending via internal mail. Oh the joy when it got sent to EVERY printer on the network by mistake ! :badgrin:

I started work at a HGV trailer builders in the parts dept and a new computer system had just been installed, the old system with printer was in a big office upstairs, me having the place to open just for me to man the parts dept on a saturday had a nose round and being me i started up the old system.... tapped a few keys and it started to print out the whole stock records.... 20,000 lines and sales over 5 years............ ooops, pull the 240v plugs out fast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:15 am 

BTW, our LA state they DONT keep copies of documents so every year its a fresh set of forms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
BTW, our LA state they DONT keep copies of documents so every year its a fresh set of forms

If only someone could invent a machine that could store thousands of documents electronically inside of it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:59 pm 

Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

If only someone could invent a machine that could store thousands of documents electronically inside of it.

Like a library?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 pm 

Has it broken yet?