Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: pro cab from cab direct
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 123
Seen the new transit taxi today. And I must say I didn't like it to much. Wheelchair access bit strange load from n.s but have to move the wheelchair over to o.s to fasten down. Must be almost 2 foot high from ground level to cab floor level. 2 Electric straps come out of the bulk head then you have 2 manual straps to pull the wheelchair away from from bulk head. Not like the E7 that just have 2 straps pulling the wheelchair up against bulk head Partition screen wasn't bonded properly to the surround.
But the biggest problem for me is how high it is even with the electric side step still must be an 18inch step to get in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3090
Location: Plymouth
perry wrote:
Seen the new transit taxi today. And I must say I didn't like it to much. Wheelchair access bit strange load from n.s but have to move the wheelchair over to o.s to fasten down. Must be almost 2 foot high from ground level to cab floor level. 2 Electric straps come out of the bulk head then you have 2 manual straps to pull the wheelchair away from from bulk head. Not like the E7 that just have 2 straps pulling the wheelchair up against bulk head Partition screen wasn't bonded properly to the surround.
But the biggest problem for me is how high it is even with the electric side step still must be an 18inch step to get in.

I can only surmise that you have seen a very strange taxi conversion. Care to tell us who did the conversion? I got mine (admittedly bespoke) from the Taxi Shop.

Mine is close on perfect, except for one minor gripe that I hope to have corrected both in the current vehicle and in the new one I am about to order.

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 644
Quote:
.
I can only surmise that you have seen a very strange taxi conversion. Care to tell us who did the conversion?


I think the clue is "procab from CAB DIRECT"!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3090
Location: Plymouth
x-ray wrote:
I think the clue is "procab from CAB DIRECT"!

Just goes to prove you should always read the big print!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

That said, it does not match the Cab Direct conversions on Ranks round here, I think I would be checking the IVA certification, looks like a cowboy conversion not a legitimate one.

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 644
Chris the Fish wrote:
x-ray wrote:
I think the clue is "procab from CAB DIRECT"!

Just goes to prove you should always read the big print!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

That said, it does not match the Cab Direct conversions on Ranks round here, I think I would be checking the IVA certification, looks like a cowboy conversion not a legitimate one.


I just don't like the transit, whoever does the conversion. Quite a few around here have had the door/wing damaged in the wind due to the known weak door hinges. A few of them that are hitting 100,000 miles are now experiencing problem. (DPF related vaporiser fault. Oil light coming on and staying on, oil pumps failing)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3090
Location: Plymouth
x-ray wrote:
I just don't like the transit, whoever does the conversion. Quite a few around here have had the door/wing damaged in the wind due to the known weak door hinges. A few of them that are hitting 100,000 miles are now experiencing problem. (DPF related vaporiser fault. Oil light coming on and staying on, oil pumps failing)


I had the door hinge problem - warranty repair.

DPF problem resolved - Warranty repair.

Oil light problem - not me (not on older ones like mine) but others recalled and sorted, software and new dipstick!

Air conditioning - two separate problems - sorted on warranty.

Clutch slave cylinder failure - warranty.

Would I have another? Oh yes, the order is in!

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 123
A driver was looking to by the all new procab from cab Direct
While the demo vehicle and sales rep was in town I went to have a look. He has a M8 and I have an E7
And we both decided that we didn't like it to much. To me the E7 feels like a proper cab. The procab looks like a very big mini bus and the conversion no where near as good as an E7. Don't get me wrong the E7 has had its problems BUT IT IS A PERFECT SIZE HACKNEY CARRIAGE TAXI.The Procab would definitely be more suited as a private hire. Not a Hackney


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 123
By the way the reason you load wheelchair n.s then move it over to o.s to fasten down is because the rear aircon unit is right behind the n.s rear seat so you can't move that single seat back to make room for wheelchair only the middle rear and o.s rear seat moves . I did look at it as an alternative and with a open mind but not for me. Some people love the transit some love the E7 buy what suits your work


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 644
Chris the Fish wrote:
x-ray wrote:
I just don't like the transit, whoever does the conversion. Quite a few around here have had the door/wing damaged in the wind due to the known weak door hinges. A few of them that are hitting 100,000 miles are now experiencing problem. (DPF related vaporiser fault. Oil light coming on and staying on, oil pumps failing)


I had the door hinge problem - warranty repair.

DPF problem resolved - Warranty repair.

Oil light problem - not me (not on older ones like mine) but others recalled and sorted, software and new dipstick!

Air conditioning - two separate problems - sorted on warranty.

Clutch slave cylinder failure - warranty.

Would I have another? Oh yes, the order is in!


If you change cabs every few years before the warranty runs out then you're ok, but if, like me, you keep a new cab for 5 or 6 years then your'e in for some hefty bills when the DPF (and the rest) goes wrong again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9568
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
The one from the gang in Crewe looks about the best one. Some lads have got them round here and they seem to be holding up to the job apart from the oil issue and a few call backs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 123
With my 2012 E7 almost on 300.000 miles phoned cab direct today about the procab £698 per month and that's with a very good clean credit history. That's £9.000 interest over 5 years might be cheaper a get a loan from Wonger or 118 118
These cabs must be flying off the shelf at this give away price


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group