Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:09 pm 
unhappy eurobus driver wrote:
I got my eurobus from cab direct late delivery surprise surprise. Next day had my police test ten mins after my test car had a severe engine leak deisel everywhere...Took it staight to the peouget dealer in dundee glenvargil and they took control of the situation promised to do their best in a bad situation...
Came home phoned cab direct got Aurthur told don't worry all will be fixed and i promise i will give you compensation as this has been a knightmare for you..Still waiting for compensation a month later..Dont believe a word they say as they will only fob you off after they get your money...BEWARE...

Our brand new E7 failed its inspection because the rear seat bets would not work. We phoned Cab Direct, they did not seem surprised or concerned that the vehicle was delivered like this, what about the PDI.
We were told to bend the seat belt anchor bracket so that it was vertical, that was their fix. It did work but how often do these adjustments need to be made. How can the vehicle be considered safe when the seat belt fails so easily. Is the rest of the conversion work to the same low standard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:55 pm 
oh dear?

you know people keep mentioning watchdog but it does not seem to be happening.

does pergeot know whats going on here?

I would go balistic if seat belts failed on a brand new cab, and if they said bend this bend that I would be playing hell.

does not anybody talk to trading standards?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:55 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
oh dear?

I would go balistic if seat belts failed on a brand new cab, and if they said bend this bend that I would be playing hell.

Nobody makes a fuss because it takes to long and if your taxi is off the road you don't earn. We have put up with bad products and even worse service for years, Cab Direct are probably no worse than most other suppliers. The more you sell the more complaints. WAV's are designed to comply with a set of regulations, which does not mean they are any good for actual use. With my disabled customers by far the most popular vehicle is the Doblo, that is always their first request over Merc Vito, E7, TXII, they like to see where they are going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:28 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
oh dear?

Nobody makes a fuss because it takes to long and if your taxi is off the road you don't earn. We have put up with bad products and even worse service for years, Cab Direct are probably no worse than most other suppliers. The more you sell the more complaints. WAV's are designed to comply with a set of regulations, which does not mean they are any good for actual use. With my disabled customers by far the most popular vehicle is the Doblo, that is always their first request over Merc Vito, E7, TXII, they like to see where they are going.

yes I can see that a point I have made in the past, it must be terryfying to always without choice travel backwards.

most hackneys have the same design and frankly its crap its 2004 and we should dump the 30s arrangement of beanie sears and backward facing chairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:07 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
oh dear?

yes I can see that a point I have made in the past, it must be terryfying to always without choice travel backwards.

most hackneys have the same design and frankly its crap its 2004 and we should dump the 30s arrangement of beanie sears and backward facing chairs.

I thought the TXI and TXII were supposed to be clean sheet designs.
The previous Fairways etc were crap because they were adapted vehicles, but why is the TX series so bad, they may fit the regulations but they are terrible in practice. The passengers hate them and drivers avoid w/c whenever possible. How did the design ever get off the drawing board, did the designers ever speak to anyone in a w/c or consult with someone with day to day experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:44 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
oh dear?

I thought the TXI and TXII were supposed to be clean sheet designs.
The previous Fairways etc were crap because they were adapted vehicles, but why is the TX series so bad, they may fit the regulations but they are terrible in practice. The passengers hate them and drivers avoid w/c whenever possible. How did the design ever get off the drawing board, did the designers ever speak to anyone in a w/c or consult with someone with day to day experience.

all the hackneys are designed with the same basic interior.

as for consultation it goes somethin like this

you would like something more like a car wouldnt you?
the interior design is prooved and tested you dont want change do you?
25 foot turning circle is a bit tight 26 foot will do wont it?
nowthen there isnt anything else is there?

in other words you are told what to answer.

Post subject: Front Face travel
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:13 am 
Regarding the various WAVS,i HAVE BEEN in the trade for over 10 years,looking after the wheelchair customers.
It has always been difficult to find a proper vehicle,to meet all demands.
One vehicle could be great for this job,but not for another.
I have had to convert vans over the years,to my spec,for my customers needs,but could only put on a P/H,plate as the vehicle to big for ranks.
I think that you try and convert a bigger vehicle,so that you can give the wheelchair customer,comfort,but your require this vehicle to make money,so you use as a seven seater for airport work etc.
Users to this site may laugh at my next statement,but this is fact.
W/C,customers do prefer to travel front ways,and I find that the Doblo
the best vehicle up till now.
Rear entry for the chair,plenty of room,good visual for the customer.
Against,only can carry two people and the wheelchair customer,which if
taking out a family,not so good.
ALSO warning to new operators,if you purchase this vehicle,ensure plenty of tracking,because if you receive this vehicle,normally tracking is in-
adequate,for wheelchairs.

Post subject: WAV Vehicles
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:14 am 
By the way,last item posted was by me.
WHO?,the one and only,DOOOOOOBLO MAN>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:01 am 
these are all the same complaints that were circulating a couple of years ago.
they have not learnt there lesson,hit them were it hurts.
DO NOT BUY THEIR VEHICLES.
simple as that.
At the next taxi exibition,print out some leaflets stating all your complaints,dont make anything up,they cant touch you if everything that is on the paper is true, and give these leaflets out to every person that enters the hall.
they will soon change their ways.
Just remember THEY NEED US, WE DO NOT NEED THEM,WE HAVE FREEDOM OF CHOICE.

Post subject: U/S Seat Belts
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:28 pm 
Further to my previous post about seat belt not working on brand new cab.

The Airbag warning light is now on all the time.
Went to local dealer, they said ok to driver bring it in during half term, need it for a day. Took it in told bigger job than we thought because of taxi conversion, need three days would you like to bring it back over the Easter break?
Anyone know if it is safe to drive with this warning light on? Is there any likleyhood of the airbag going off, if not why does it have a warning light?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:19 pm 
I'd get the airbags taken out if I were you.

All they have to do to get in your motor is shunt or bash it. The airbags go off and then the doors unlock. Real bloody clever in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: U/S Seat Belts
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:07 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Further to my previous post about seat belt not working on brand new cab.

The Airbag warning light is now on all the time.
Went to local dealer, they said ok to driver bring it in during half term, need it for a day. Took it in told bigger job than we thought because of taxi conversion, need three days would you like to bring it back over the Easter break?
Anyone know if it is safe to drive with this warning light on? Is there any likleyhood of the airbag going off, if not why does it have a warning light?

dont worry the airbag will not go off, even if you crash.

just check your seat belt fittings, as you have bent them this is the likely problem, as the connection to the airbag is via your seat belt fittings.

ps

the garage should know this the 3 day saga is a sign that they aint got a clue whats going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:40 am 
I dont know why cab direct / allied vechicles are getting away with all their shoddy workmanship i got a doblo freedom from them 3 weeks ago came without any hand grips fitted the seat wouldn't split my brake light was continuosly on then it started to leak deisel this has been a total knightmare :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:15 am 
Anonymous wrote:
oh dear?

Tha car people only sell the engine and chasis, they have no say in the conversions or how they are built.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:19 am 
Anonymous wrote:
oh dear?

Get in touch with Andy Fosher in Retford he's the man in contact with the BBC due to his nightmare with Cab Direct.