Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cab Direct my story
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:33 pm 

Brought a new model 20 plate pro cab
Then the fare assisted door stopped working. So phoned up allied vehicles. And they sent out a mobile technician on arrival he said don't know why they have sent me as im not qualified to work on the procab well lets learn while we go he said.
When he left the doors didn't open at all from the inside and he put 2 dents in one door and one big dent in the other cause from the inside pushing panels outward. Cab direct then sent someone down and drove it 400 miles back to Glasgow had it 4 weeks when i got it back the paint job was terrible. So i took to 2 independent spray shop and they laughed at it. The orange peel was so thick it has runs in the paint also the meter had been recalibrated to wrong Tariff for my council and the cab STANK OF CIGARETTES
Got an email today saying that the body shop is saying that the paint job is of perfect standard

So i have lost earnings for 4 weeks

Had to pay to get meter recalibrated

Have a new cab that stinks of CIGARETTES

And a new cab with two badly painted rear doors

All because they sent out an unqualified technician
How would my case stand up in court

Post subject: Re: Cab Direct my story
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:05 pm 

Quote:
How would my case stand up in court

I feel you have a case in the small claims court.

You need to write to Cab Direct outlining your complaints in detail, and allow them the option to put things right, else you will take this matter to the courts.

If they have any sense they will sort it with you, but to be honest I doubt they will.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:22 pm 

Quote:
the meter had been recalibrated to wrong Tariff for my council

Any idea how the meter came to be recalibrated?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:43 pm 

More than 10 emails and about 20 phone calls over the last 2 months trying to get them to come a solution. They offered me 3 free services by there mobile technician. But i don't want there technician anywhere near it again. Its the paint im more worried about
With there body shop not Excepting that the work is substandard. With 2 independent spray shops saying the finsh is Unacceptable for a brand new car

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:44 pm 

Don't know what they done but when it came back the tariff had been changed???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:47 pm 

perry wrote:
Don't know what they done but when it came back the tariff had been changed???

So could someone else have been using it as a cab in another area, which is why they had it four weeks and it's smelling of cigarettes??

Does the mileage tally with just going up and down to Glasgow?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:09 pm 

Quite a few years ago a friend of mine had problems with his E7’s interior trim falling apart. Cab direct agreed to pick it up and take it back to Glasgow for repairs.(I didn’t know this at the time) I was sat first off at the station rank when his cab pulls up in the car park opposite with a front seat passenger who was happily puffing away on a fag! I rang my mate to ask what was going on and he hung up on me. Twenty seconds later the front seat passenger jumped out and Stumped his fag out. My mate had been rung by the driver earlier in the day to tell him when to expect him and he’d rung the driver back and bollocked him about the passenger smoking in his cab!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:24 am 

No its 400 miles from my house to Glasgow
Cab had just over 800 miles when it was returned. The apparent reason for delay was were the mobile technician had broken the internal door handle mechanism the parts had to be ordered. And the over head centre consel switch panel had to be removed which ment the meter being taken out then it was recalibrated with wrong Tariff. I know this because there was greasy finger prints all over the head lining. Which again on a brand new cab just isn't acceptable
One other thing had 3/4 of a tank full of diesel when collected on the red when returned.
I do have every email with every concern i had when the vehicle was returned. But found that they never reply to emails so they don't leave a paper trail there end. Must be well trained in the complaints department

Anyone have any ideas on next steps to get paint issues sorted out
Don't see why i should be paying for a £38.500 cab with a sh_t paint job which was down to then sending out someone unqualified to work on my cab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:59 pm 

Is it on finance
If so that is who I would be ringing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:26 pm 

Quote:
Anyone have any ideas on next steps to get paint issues sorted out

You need to get two or three quotes to put it right, and then write to Cab Direct telling them unless they put it right you will take the matter to court.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:40 pm 

I emailed them today and ask that they phone and book it in for a inspection themselves at Rye Street one of the leading uk body shop repair centres with depots all over the uk and are ford approved. If they say the paint is sub standard then there can be no doubt that it needs correcting
Finance company not insteaded told me its a Civil matter between me and Allied vehicles as the fault wasn't present at time of sale

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:59 pm 

I think you need more advice than I can give you
but I think the finance co are telling you lies

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:59 pm 

lewes wrote:
I think you need more advice than I can give you
but I think the finance co are telling you lies

Indeed, and reading this case study on the Financial Ombudsman Service's website suggests that it's not just faults apparent at time of sale that are relevant:

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ ... uality-got

(I'm assuming that the FOS procedures would be similarly relevant to Perry's case, but obviously it's all very complicated, so I'm not 100% sure.)

Doubt if at this stage there's any question of Perry being able to return the car, though, assuming the faults can be rectified.

But could be worth mentioning the FOS to the finance provider, who could in turn put pressure on Cab Direct.

Not sure what Perry could reasonably claim for, but at the very least the fuel for the return trip to Glasgow and the cost of recalibrating the meter. And, of course, getting the paint job done to a satisfactory quality commensurate with a nearly-new, nearly £40k vehicle [-(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:38 pm 

All i was looking for was that allied vehicles would allow me to get rear doors resprayed by professional so the cab is back to what is was before they damaged it. And some compensation for loss of earnings.
Not being greedy in anyway at all just want the cab im paying for to be right
But no Allied vehicles just see me as being fussy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:57 am 

Reject the vehicle under the sale of goods act, get the finance company to refund all your money, and by from somewhere else