Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:34 pm 
WHY ARE TAXI DRIVERS AND OPERATORS,PRIVATE AND HACKNEY, ALWAYS MOANING AND GROANING.
ARE THEY BORN THIS WAY,OR,IS IT SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO WORK ON?

ALSO WHY DO THEY NOT SMILE AND HELP THE CUSTOMER?

i AM GOING TO WRITE A BOOK ON THIS AND WOULD LIKE SOME COMMENTS.

SIGNED PROFESSOR BRIGHT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:51 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
WHY ARE TAXI DRIVERS AND OPERATORS,PRIVATE AND HACKNEY, ALWAYS MOANING AND GROANING.

SIGNED PROFESSOR BRIGHT

I suspect most are moaning because they have good cause i.e. long hours, poor rates of pay, high running costs, inequality, abusive punters, and buses.

Were they born this way, who knows?

Why don't they smile, well most do, but the ones that don't usually have good reason. But do you pay them to smile, or to take you from A to B?

Good luck with your book. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:58 pm 

My Dear Sir,
It will be one of the shortest books in the history of publishing. If you are serious I can think of no better way to enlist peoples help than being critical of them.
Any way I would like to help by suggesting a word processor then you can type all day in upper case and the machine will do the necessary for you.
If you are looking for a research assistant to trail you through the halls of academia may I be the first to put my name down? A small fee would have to negotiated but I come with a guaranteed smile. :lol: :lol:
Ged

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:03 am 
Anonymous wrote:

SIGNED PROFESSOR BRIGHT

Proffessor Bright

What university would that be then?

my comment would be push off, we have too many academic types and successfull failures we hardly need another.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:09 pm 
My dear chaps,thanks to all who had the decency to post a reply to my questions.
It is with this type of enthusiastically attunement,that will create a masterpiece of scribe,appertaining to your fellow namesakes.

I will try to visit various offices and ranks and do my utmost to give a clear and concise,respectful anology of the trade.

Regards Professor Bright,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:24 pm 
Best of luck. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:40 pm 

Prof,
In addition to a word processor, may I humbly suggest a Dictionary. Please do not confuse your goodself by thinking that you impress with the length of your words. If you had used the right words, or even got them in context, that would have added to the content of your missive.
Before I replied, I checked that it was not All Fools Day,so taking you at face value methinks Sir you are making mischief. (Is your first name Notso?)
Keep up the jolly japes, and carry on subscribing to the Jeffrey Archer School of Publishing (Part One). With a bit of luck and more research Part Two can not be far away. :wink: :wink:
Ged
P.S My offer still holds, reasonable rates can be negotiated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:34 am 
Anonymous wrote:
My dear chaps,thanks to all who had the decency to post a reply to my questions.
It is with this type of enthusiastically attunement,that will create a masterpiece of scribe,appertaining to your fellow namesakes.

I will try to visit various offices and ranks and do my utmost to give a clear and concise,respectful anology of the trade.

Regards Professor Bright,

every so often we get one dont we?
this bright spark asks questions buy wont answer the simplest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:10 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
It is with this type of enthusiastically attunement,

anology.

Hello Professor Dim.

I suggest a few lessons in basic spelling, grammar and sentence construction before you tackle anything else.

Regards

Professor [edited by admin]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm 
Here old boy enlighten up,one did have a few too many sherries,before posting on the Forum.
With the attitude that one answered,one must be one of these private hire chappies.
For goodness sake enlighten up,you may soon receive a hackney license,then one can interview one.
Be a happy chappy,toodle pip.

Yours,Professor Bright.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:20 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Here old boy enlighten up,one did have a few too many sherries,before posting on the Forum.
With the attitude that one answered,one must be one of these private hire chappies.
For goodness sake enlighten up,you may soon receive a hackney license,then one can interview one.
Be a happy chappy,toodle pip.

Yours,Professor Bright.

dont make such assuptions popeye, those bellong firmly on the other channel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:02 pm 

Prof Notso,
Are you appearing in Pantomime this year? let us know so we can come and see you perform. Will it be the front or the rear end? Surely a knighthood cannot be far away ( but would you wear it?). Keep up your posts I am enjoying your use and abuse of a beautiful language, is it possible that English is not your first language? I only ask because you make so many basic errors and I would love to know what was your Doctorate. By the way that is not what a G.P charges, in case you were wondering. Anyway must dash these coal fired computers are useless.
Ged :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:32 pm 
PS. When you write your book, try putting a space after a comma.

Anyway, the reason you dont see us smiling, is because we have to put up with dorks all day long and hardly need to speak to another on here.

One does smile, when one speaks to an interesting person. Thats why you will never see us smile.

Yours faithfully,
Professor Pedant, FCIT, FInsTA,FCIJ,Fu2pal.
University of Calcutta (Failed).