Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:45 am 

Yes, thanks Wharfy, I'll pop down to WH Smith's in the morning and buy a copy :wink:

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:59 am 

According to the Sweet and Maxwell website, it's £335, which is a bit out of my price range. :shock:

Mind you, that does include updates until December, so I suppose it's worth the money with that added extra if you can afford it. :?

And there's lots of other stuff about zoos, knackers yards and dangerous wild animimals :)

Bargain!! :D

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:17 am 

I would stick with Button.

He may be pro council, but his book gives a good outline of HC and PH licensing law.

He also states that de-limitation is just fine and dandy, so he can't be all bad. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:55 pm 
Dusty Bin wrote:
According to the Sweet and Maxwell website, it's £335, which is a bit out of my price range. :shock:

Mind you, that does include updates until December, so I suppose it's worth the money with that added extra if you can afford it. :?

And there's lots of other stuff about zoos, knackers yards and dangerous wild animimals :)

Bargain!! :D

Dusty

did not realise they had gone up so much, yes they do have parts about wild animals its to help the night drivers.

button wont give the night drivers a seccond thought :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:59 am 

Wharfie wrote:
button wont give the night drivers a seccond thought :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wharfie

I would be interested to know, who in authority does? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:29 pm 

Went down to see my LO today, to see if there's any chance of licensing a vehicle the same age as the 1 that's just been written off. "NOT A CHANCE" he said. It's got to be under 5 years old. So now just got to wait and see what the insurance is going to come up with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:09 pm 

Paul@Cheshunt wrote:
Went down to see my LO today, to see if there's any chance of licensing a vehicle the same age as the 1 that's just been written off. "NOT A CHANCE" he said. It's got to be under 5 years old. So now just got to wait and see what the insurance is going to come up with?

That is such a shame, and to me not on. :(

But if you were to fight it, by the time anything happened you would be bankrupt and homeless. :(

As I said a while ago, what a great trade we work in. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:43 am 

Sussex Man wrote:
I would stick with Button.

Well the publication date has been changed again - it's December now.

He's waiting on OFT, I know it!!

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:25 pm 

I had trouble with my LA awhile back. Not similar but try this. If you find a good 2nd hand car regardless of its age with low miles. send an application to have it licenced along with a letter explaining that it has lower milage than a car bought new thats been 2 years on the rank. If they fail to grant you a licence get your best hard done to look on and armed with a copy of the letter you wrote and a copy of the letter they should have sent to you declining your application (they must reply to a letter with a letter) to your local paper. Look for puplic support but dont get bolshy. See your local councilor then send a copy of any article written along with letters to your MP, MEP and the prime ministers office and demand an exclamation. THis scares the [edited by admin] out of the LA and gets results. it worked for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:34 pm 

Ps. If you don't get a letter of reply send what you do get along with the letter you wrote to your MP, MSP and local councilor, I also sent to the scottish 1st minister. Most councils say any complaints must be made in writing. Wich means they cannot phone you in reply they must reply to your complaint in Writing.