All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:04 pm 

Hi all has anyone with a TX4 2009 come across this electrical problem
No main beam
No intercom
No internal lights
also no sound from indicators or open back door
I have checked the fuse all ok
I have checked all wiring into all 4 doors for a broken wire also hade fuse board out taken plugs off and put back
This started about 6 months ago but all corrected itself next day and was fine till 2 weeks ago all went off but after driving for an hour came back on over a bumpy road following week went off and has never come back on any help appreciated thank you in advance
Phil from Blackpool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:48 pm 

Tangerine 1 wrote:
Hi all has anyone with a TX4 2009 come across this electrical problem
No main beam
No intercom
No internal lights
also no sound from indicators or open back door
I have checked the fuse all ok
I have checked all wiring into all 4 doors for a broken wire also hade fuse board out taken plugs off and put back
This started about 6 months ago but all corrected itself next day and was fine till 2 weeks ago all went off but after driving for an hour came back on over a bumpy road following week went off and has never come back on any help appreciated thank you in advance
Phil from Blackpool

Have you looked at your earth leads

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:34 pm 

I’ve looked everywhere are the main earth leads under the bonnet Mr T ? If not where are they located please

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:51 pm 

Follow them from your battery, disconnect clean them and put back together, I don't know but I think one goes through to the main brain box inside the cab, on the TX 2 there are two big main fuses just by the battery don't know if the 4 Is the same, but it sounds like you have a lead making a bad connection

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:57 pm 

Ok thanks Mr T

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:24 pm 

After speaking to a friend who has had the same problem he advised to look for the fuse that is labelled instrument cluster and check your fuses with a test light

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:30 pm 

MR T wrote:
After speaking to a friend who has had the same problem he advised to look for the fuse that is labelled instrument cluster and check your fuses with a test light

Thank I will try that tomorrow and let you know I looked at all the earth leads but found nothing wrong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:39 pm 

Tangerine 1 wrote:
MR T wrote:

Thank I will try that tomorrow and let you know I looked at all the earth leads but found nothing wrong

ha but you did find something, You know that that is not a problem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:05 pm 

Just an update took cab to an auto Electrian and he tells me it’s a the maisey board and they are hard to get hold of anyone know where I could get 1 from TX4 2008
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:14 pm 

Tangerine 1 wrote:
Just an update took cab to an auto Electrian and he tells me it’s a the maisey board and they are hard to get hold of anyone know where I could get 1 from TX4 2008
Thanks

does he work on taxis !!and were are you

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:14 pm 

theres been a maisie box on gumtree glasgow for the last couple of weeks.you might get lucky if you try there

https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-replaceme ... 1412283062

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:21 pm 

MR T wrote:
Tangerine 1 wrote:
Thanks

Yes he has worked on them for years he could repair TX2 boards but not the TX4 and believe it or not he had another cab in 30mins after me with the exact same fault
I live in Blackpool Mr T :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:23 pm 

jozefbloggz wrote:
theres been a maisie box on gumtree glasgow for the last couple of weeks.you might get lucky if you try there

https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-replaceme ... 1412283062

I think I have 1 sorted for Wednesday thanks but I will have a look in case thank you

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:08 pm 

Tangerine 1 wrote:
MR T wrote:
Tangerine 1 wrote:
Thanks

Yes he has worked on them for years he could repair TX2 boards but not the TX4 and believe it or not he had another cab in 30mins after me with the exact same fault

Don't say Blackpool in front of Sussex, :-" glad you've got it sorted, if not there is a garage down here in seft0n by the docks that has one and can fit It :-D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:06 am 

MR T wrote:
Tangerine 1 wrote:
MR T wrote:
Tangerine 1 wrote:
Thanks

Don't say Blackpool in front of Sussex, :-" glad you've got it sorted, if not there is a garage down here in seft0n by the docks that has one and can fit It :-D

Ok thanks Mr T if I don’t get sorted I will get back to you