Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 pm 

kennywatson wrote:
Cheers for that skippy, which lead to where? Is there a eyelet for lifting the engine that I could use?

Thanks again

Kenny

Yes use that or any metal part, you could also go from the battery earth to the engine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:31 pm 

So what was the outcome, I've same problem
the main dealers Lti and small garages have
not got a clue what they are doing they should
be regulated by tfl or another authority my cab
Is currently still in the garage been diagnosed
after been towed to the Garage I've put
new injectors in recently after the garage
said this would solve my problem tx4 57
Plate .The taxi garages in London are
disgrace to the trade I've had this
ongoing problem now for two years

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:35 pm 

Hi guys

I'm new to the forum so if I hit the wrong button please be patient!
I was wondering if Killin got the problem resolved. I've got a Tx4 on an 07 plate and have been experiencing this problem for a few years now. Over time I've had all the usual parts replaced, crank/camshaft sensors,batteries x3, starter motor etc. I went on hols recently and left the car with ltc approved garage to see if they could diagnose the problem as it has a tendency to appear if I leave the car standing for a few days. Hey presto problem appeared but they can't seem to solve it this time so I'm hoping you might have some answers. A reply would be much appreciated as I've been off the road 6 weeks to date.
Kind regards
John

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:44 pm 

Hi guys
Sorry first post and first mistake. I meant to direct my post to trainspotter although it would help to know if Killins problem remained solved and didn't return.
Regards
John

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:27 pm 

Hi John i have sent you a number ring this guy if no one can do it this is the guy to get in touch with for tx2 and tx4 issues.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:39 am 

Hi BTR
Thanks for the reply. I've had to have a new engine being fitted Tuesday. The ltc approved garage That's had the car for 8 weeks now! Finally decided to take the head cylinder off and have a look and found damage to the block causing a compression problem. I've kept the your guys number for future reference as I don't think he would have taken 8 weeks to solve the problem.
Once again thanks
Regards
John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:55 am 

Does anybody smell fish....I do not work on these engines...but if an engine is working o k one day and then not the next..it has a fault..if it runs o k for the next couple of days...no noise ..no smoke...pulls away ok....then to me it has a fault on fuel.... it could be fuel pump...or fuel lines..or the electrics that work the pump.....

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... 20problems

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:36 am 

keep us posted mate how you get on where are you located john Mr T u have a point i can't see the need to take the head of to find out if you have a compression problem easily done with a compression tester and if the problem is intermittent doubt it is a compression related issue more like fuel or electrics mate but good luck You have the guys number if you need any help or info.
I had a fully re-con engine total cost is around £2700 fitted with a 6 months unlimited mileage warranty been 3 years now and done around 120000miles
still going strong.