Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:06 pm 
On Saturday on going to work I could not get the car going initial diagnosis was the battery was flat, so I bump started it.

Further tests revealed it would not start on the key, seccond diagnosis was starter moter was not working so I took it to the garage.

Today I was told that the engine management system had closed down or crashed

has anyone else hear or experienced this?

the taxi is a Rover, or rather roves when I can start it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:37 pm 
Had the same problem a few years ago with a Vauxhall just before Christmas, the management system went tits up, cost me over £250.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:46 pm 
Have the same problem with a new Mondeo at the moment. Been in the garage for just on a month now. Not worried about it though, as Ford will give us a new car soon. (he says with fingers crossed). (while touching wood) (while avoiding any ladders) (while happy that he did not break its mirror) (and just glad that it didnt go tits up on Friday 13th). (And being a nieve plonker who (for the moment) still believes what Ford say in their literiture about providing a new vehilce if kept in under warranty for more than 30 days) (Even though he didnt get any new vehicles when Ford/Williams Cablease provided three new Mondys three years back which each spent more than four months off the road from new, or, any compensation).(Or any courtesy cars). Or any living for the drivers for the four months they were off the road. (And also has as much faith in the OFT report).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:29 am 

Not been a good year then? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:50 pm 
Thankfully, not been too bad a year. But they were all fleet motors. Had they been owner-driver cars the poor blokes would be in the brown sticky stuff.