Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:12 pm 

Hi chaps,

On my tx2 my rear windscreen washer isn't working and I have identified the problem. In the engine bay by the washer bottle theirs a little hose that's looks like it's come off something, it has a connection on the end. Feeling around I can't see or feel anywhere it connects to?? To send the screen wash to the back. Anyone have any ideas? It comes through by the washer bottle in the wing, like the front does but it's just laying there water spurts out when rear screen wash is clicked on the indicator stalk.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:32 am 

matty86 wrote:
Hi chaps,

On my tx2 my rear windscreen washer isn't working and I have identified the problem. In the engine bay by the washer bottle theirs a little hose that's looks like it's come off something, it has a connection on the end. Feeling around I can't see or feel anywhere it connects to?? To send the screen wash to the back. Anyone have any ideas? It comes through by the washer bottle in the wing, like the front does but it's just laying there water spurts out when rear screen wash is clicked on the indicator stalk.

Thanks in advance

look along the chassis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:53 am 

MR T wrote:
matty86 wrote:
Hi chaps,

Thanks in advance

Quote:
look along the chassis

Will have a look, but its coming out of the wing only a about 3 inches? as in it connects to something in that area. between the washer bottle neck and bulk head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:30 pm 

Quote:
Will have a look, but its coming out of the wing only a about 3 inches? as in it connects to something in that area. between the washer bottle neck and bulk head

look along the chassis
Follow the pipe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:02 pm 

MR T wrote:
Quote:

look along the chassis
Follow the pipe

Had a look along the chassis can't see anything. But this is the hose i am talking about that comes out the side of the wing into the engine bay looks like it is supposed to be connected to another pipe to take it to the back but no other pipe is there? no hole for another pipe to be there even if it has fallen out. If i switch the rear windscreen wipe on now and spray some screenwash out it comes out of this tube. Which is really weird because it was working about 2 weeks ago lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3dex23t76ft8 ... 8.jpg?dl=0

The hose above you can see right next the the washer bottle above the one i am talking about is for the front jets

Heres another picture of the end.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8pm6som169iw ... 6.jpg?dl=0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:32 pm 

Are the jets on the bonnet working

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:46 pm 

Yeah the front jets working fine as normal, just the back one isn't when you switch the back jet on it just spurts water out that hose on the picture

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:52 pm 

look along the chassis
Follow the pipe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:15 pm 

I have tried that but it's difficult while it sits on the drive, but even if I find the hose and it's fell off the connection on that photo it still can't have fell down below the engine as theirs no other holes in the bulkhead or wing for it to come through which is odd