Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: clutch fail !!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:08 pm 

so, driving about this morning for 2 hours, then my clutch went :roll: , no noise,no warning, just turned around a corner & it went to the floor, so had to leave the car & get a lift home, i thought i might have burst a hose or something but the fluid level is fine, only had a new clutch/slave/dmf fitted in june , that's me skint this week now, anyone any ideas what it could be ? also how long a warranty is on one ?

Post subject: Re: clutch fail !!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:22 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
so, driving about this morning for 2 hours, then my clutch went :roll: , no noise,no warning, just turned around a corner & it went to the floor, so had to leave the car & get a lift home, i thought i might have burst a hose or something but the fluid level is fine, only had a new clutch/slave/dmf fitted in june , that's me skint this week now, anyone any ideas what it could be ? also how long a warranty is on one ?

clutch master cylinder gone if that's what happened, not expensive about an hours time with having to bleed the system, what vehicle is it, did you try pulling the peddle back up with your foot of hand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:00 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

clutch master cylinder gone if that's what happened, not expensive about an hours time with having to bleed the system, what vehicle is it, did you try pulling the peddle back up with your foot of hand

cheers for the reply mate, yes i did try pulling the peddle back, but when i push it down again it stayed there & its a xtype jaguar, is that the "slave" cylinder you are on about ? had that done when the clutch got done

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:39 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
cheers for the reply mate, yes i did try pulling the peddle back, but when i push it down again it stayed there & its a xtype jaguar, is that the "slave" cylinder you are on about ? had that done when the clutch got done

a 2.0d/2.2d AKA a John Deere Jag? a Mondeo Tdci with a jag body?

the CSC (Concentric Slave Cylinder) is inside the bellhousing (what a fecking great idea....not), if thats fubar its gearbox off time

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:04 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

a 2.0d/2.2d AKA a John Deere Jag? a Mondeo Tdci with a jag body?

it is a mondy set up mate & yes its a gearbox out job & a week off !!
the CSC (Concentric Slave Cylinder) is inside the bellhousing (what a fecking great idea....not), if thats fubar its gearbox off time