Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:49 pm 

I have a 2001 peugeot the roof light/beg light/orange style (what ever you call yours) Caddirect version, Anyway it has went very dull possibly a bulb out?? Could anyone give me any info on how to change this??? It has on the lens two black plastic screw/push clips one at each end. Any help would be amazing as its very dull now! Thanx guys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:17 pm 

strathclydeking wrote:
I have a 2001 peugeot the roof light/beg light/orange style (what ever you call yours) Caddirect version, Anyway it has went very dull possibly a bulb out?? Could anyone give me any info on how to change this??? It has on the lens two black plastic screw/push clips one at each end. Any help would be amazing as its very dull now! Thanx guys

Does it have access from inside the cab, ???? if its from the outside get yourself some LED bulbs of the correct size , they should last a few years

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:29 pm 

No cant see how to get to it from the inside but on top on the outside there is two large flat head screws unsure if it could be that ? Cheers again

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:33 pm 

No cant see how to get to it from the inside but on top on the outside there is two large flat head screws unsure if it could be that ? Cheers again

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:29 pm 

strathclydeking wrote:

It could and i just mean 'could' be the same as LTI's and you take the interior courtesy light out to get to the bulbs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:23 am 

The 2 flat screws on top are the ones you need to remove. Be careful taking the cover off, it sticks around the join to the roof and can let water into the car if not seated properly on the rubber seal. Some people use a small amount of clear gasket compound around it to make sure it stays waterproof.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:57 am 

Zia wrote:
The 2 flat screws on top are the ones you need to remove. Be careful taking the cover off, it sticks around the join to the roof and can let water into the car if not seated properly on the rubber seal. Some people use a small amount of clear gasket compound around it to make sure it stays waterproof.

Once you have got it off, order the same sized bulbs, but in LED from ebay you should never have to change them again