Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: E7 inter cooler
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 344
I have a oil leak inter cooler area ,garage says maybe inter cooler and pipe.anybody had similar trouble?, thanks,ray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E7 inter cooler
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43518
Location: 1066 Country
rayggb wrote:
I have a oil leak inter cooler area ,garage says maybe inter cooler and pipe.anybody had similar trouble?, thanks,ray

When I had the Fiat equivalent there was something in the screen that separates driver from punter, and it leaked.

Could have only been part of the cooling system.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E7 inter cooler
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 344
Sussex wrote:
rayggb wrote:
I have a oil leak inter cooler area ,garage says maybe inter cooler and pipe.anybody had similar trouble?, thanks,ray

When I had the Fiat equivalent there was something in the screen that separates driver from punter, and it leaked.

Could have only been part of the cooling system.

No that's the matrix water system.im talking about that which adjoins the turbo underneath the cab.i think it cools the turbocharger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E7 inter cooler
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 244
Yep, mine went on my E7, had to get it replaced, cost about £280 fitted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E7 inter cooler
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 344
thelodger wrote:
Yep, mine went on my E7, had to get it replaced, cost about £280 fitted.

My garage has quoted £165 fitted but since they have cleaned and tightened up around it ,it seems to have greatly reduced


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E7 inter cooler
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22115
Location: A City near Birmingham
should only be air in an intercooler....

it cools the air supplied to the turbo, for better BHP

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group