Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:32 pm 

Sandy McNab wrote:
Quote:
24,500 bought it new 14 months ago.
It snapped yesterday and apparantly has ruined the engine, heads gone etc. (I'm not too knowledgable about engines, but it's in a right state they said).

I'm not at all knowledgeable about engines, but I do know timing belt and snapped is not good. :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:02 am 

When the belt snapped on my MK II Cavalier the AA man fixed it at the roadside.

Ah, those were the days :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:15 pm 

Sandy McNab wrote:
Sandy McNab wrote:
tcabbie wrote:
Quote:
Timing chain snapped

what is the age and milege

24,500 bought it new 14 months ago.
It snapped yesterday and apparantly has ruined the engine, heads gone etc. (I'm not too knowledgable about engines, but it's in a right state they said).

Then I take it its still under warranty?

Hence the reason Mann and Overton has a stock of around 250 '2002' reg. models lying in their showroom, because no one wants a TX2 out of warranty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:43 pm 

Yeah it's still under warranty, but they want to charge me to rent a cab off them while it's getting fixed. I'm sure they wouldn't let it just sit there while I'm giving them £30 a day, they're too straight for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:24 pm 

Sandy McNab wrote:
Yeah it's still under warranty, but they want to charge me to rent a cab off them while it's getting fixed. I'm sure they wouldn't let it just sit there while I'm giving them £30 a day, they're too straight for that.

Straight to the 'Small Claims Court' with that. :wink:

The fact that the motor they sold you is two-bob is their fault, not yours. You have done nothing wrong, why should you lose out? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:13 am 

Even if it is under warranty, in our game, time off the road=no money.
LTI should pay for your rental cab, but they won't :evil:

LTI are taking the absolute p*ss out of cab drivers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:13 am 

rambo wrote:
LTI are taking the absolute p*ss out of cab drivers!

It has been said. :-$

Post subject: Re: TXII Problems
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:21 pm 

Jambo wrote:
I would like to hear from anyone who is having problems with their TXII.
Please post a reply to this message listing all you problems.
I would like to ascertain whether there are common faults or if they are all different problems.
I'd like to hear from anyone who isn't having problems with their TX11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:57 pm 

had probs with our '05' reg TX2, to date if memory serves me well, flywheel, clutch, and timing chain have all been done, prob we have is ours is a DRIVER, only 12 mths warranty, which has been and gone, we're trying to get it sorted STILL via M & O as it has never started 1st time all of the time since we've had it, the faults are no problem when you take it to em, or it's a DRIVER, or the driver!!! what ya expect??? :shock: the DRIVER is exactly the same mechanically, but without the trim level of the Bronze, anyways this is ongoing, and i'll keep ya informed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:51 pm 

From memory isn't it, under EU law, that everything sold now has a minimum two year warranty.

Whether the seller likes it or not. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:09 am 

marky v wrote:
had probs with our '05' reg TX2, to date if memory serves me well, flywheel, clutch, and timing chain have all been done, prob we have is ours is a DRIVER, only 12 mths warranty, which has been and gone, we're trying to get it sorted STILL via M & O as it has never started 1st time all of the time since we've had it, the faults are no problem when you take it to em, or it's a DRIVER, or the driver!!! what ya expect??? :shock: the DRIVER is exactly the same mechanically, but without the trim level of the Bronze, anyways this is ongoing, and i'll keep ya informed

Bought mine new in November 2005 (55) Bronze auto. Is serviced every 6k not 10k as recommended. No problems apart from useless intercom until about 4 days ago, wouldn't start first time infact it turned over 2 or 3 times then stopped turning over does it about 3 times then starts no problems rest of day. Then noticed coolant level dropping topped up kept eye on temperature nothing significant continued checking coolant level throughout shift no change. Next morning again fails to start first time check coolant level, reservoir virtually empty. Suspected cracked head being collected tomorrow for compression test etc Only 29k miles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:25 pm 

Location: Grim North, Carrot Crunchers and Codhead Country, North of Watford Gap
Sussex wrote:
From memory isn't it, under EU law, that everything sold now has a minimum two year warranty.

Whether the seller likes it or not. :wink:

Thats what I thought but maybe not the case, read on

Companies which sell their consumer products in the European Union should be aware of EU Directive 1999/44. EU Directive 1999/44 provides that all consumer products sold in the European Union must be fit for their intended purposes at the time of purchase by the consumer and must show the quality and performance which are normal in goods of the same type.

EU Directive 1999/44, has the following qualifications:

1. There is a window of two years from delivery of a consumer product during which the consumer may claim that the product was defective at the time of delivery. Although this period is often misinterpreted as a mandatory two-year warranty period, it is not the case. For example, if a product was purchased with an undetectable defect but that defect became apparent after a few months, then the consumer would have a claim against the seller under EU Directive 1999/44 to repair the defect. If, however, the product was purchased without defects but began to demonstrate reduced functionality after a reasonable period of wear and tear during the first two years (such as a battery that begins to lose its charge capacity over time), the consumer would not have a claim against the seller under EU 1999/44.

2. The defect in the product must not have been apparent at the time the consumer made the purchase.

3. The consumer must inform the seller within two months of learning of any defect.

4. If the consumer makes a claim within six months of delivery of the product that the product was defective at delivery, the burden is on the seller to prove that the product was not defective at the time of sale. From six to twenty-four months, however, it is the consumer’s obligation to prove that the defect in the product existed at the time the goods were delivered to the consumer.

Under EU Directive 1999/44, the consumer’s recourse is generally against the seller that sold the product to the consumer. In some EU countries, however, the seller has the right to sue the importer or manufacturer to recoup its losses suffered by a consumer lawsuit.

In order to limit claims under EU Directive 1999/44, manufacturers and resellers should clearly state the duration of warranty periods on the product labels and documentation, especially when the warranty periods are less than two years. This will assist the manufacturers and resellers to create accurate consumer expectations for the performance of the Product.

In addition, where practical, manufacturers should test products before delivering them to consumers and maintain records of the test results. In particular, these test results would assist the seller in proving that the product was not defective when sold to the consumer.

As of the date of this publication, EU Directive 1999/44 has been adopted into law by almost all members of the European Union.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:24 am 
Sorry just found this thread and I think I'd best contact LTI immediately because mine is a year old with 90k on the clock and I've NEVER had a problem with it! I have to say having been through the Scorpio, Mondeo, Octavia cycle the TX11 is by far the best cab that I have ever driven! (i could add that its the first cab that I'venot had from that horrid place on Cemetry Road but I'mnot like that :twisted: )

She starts first time, everytime; has a really soft clutch, the air con is a dream, the hearing loop in the intercom works fantastic, its never broken down, its manual, I can even get the stereo / car phone and intercom to all work at the same time :D

Oh go on then I'll open the can of worms - is that just 'cos mine has a female driver HEHEHE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 am 

No wonder the hearing loop has not gone wrong, with a woman driver she may not have noticed :lol: women can hear a pin drop at 100 paces and they can multy task so getting the phone and radio to work at the same time is not that fantastice :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:10 am 
I take back what I said in my previous post - as I've now got a water leak from the top light, the intercom has packed up and the ramps don't fit together anymore :sad: And to add to that the heating doesn't work in the passenger compartment and the meter has decided that it will only work when it feels like it :cry: The flooring in the back has a mind of its own and keeps deciding to part company with the floor, a flying bottle has cracked the partition screen................Where's the nearest scrap yard?! Someone should tell this car it can be replaced!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next