Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

diesel injectors?
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30346
Page 1 of 1

Author:  grandad [ Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  diesel injectors?

Just been told that the diesel injectors from our vehicle that went for a swim are knackered due to the water. Anyone any idea what possible damage could have been caused to them?

Author:  MR T [ Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

Anything with an electrical connection can be suspect..

Author:  Blackcab Bob [ Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

Most of the modern ones have piezo crystals in them roll: :roll:

Author:  grandad [ Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

I took the injectors to a different specialist. We just asked them to check if they were working ok because we were changing the engine but wanted to fit the same injectors. We told them the mileage. This afternoon we got them back and we were told that they were all working within the limits. The garage changing the engine were not best pleased.

Author:  heathcote [ Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

Think in future give your work to another garage,your first thoughts appear to have been proven correct.

Author:  Nidge2 [ Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

grandad wrote:
I took the injectors to a different specialist. We just asked them to check if they were working ok because we were changing the engine but wanted to fit the same injectors. We told them the mileage. This afternoon we got them back and we were told that they were all working within the limits. The garage changing the engine were not best pleased.


If I were having all that work done I would have wanted new injectors. What happens if the old ones won't code up with the engine when all the work is complete?

Author:  grandad [ Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

Nidge2 wrote:
grandad wrote:
I took the injectors to a different specialist. We just asked them to check if they were working ok because we were changing the engine but wanted to fit the same injectors. We told them the mileage. This afternoon we got them back and we were told that they were all working within the limits. The garage changing the engine were not best pleased.


If I were having all that work done I would have wanted new injectors. What happens if the old ones won't code up with the engine when all the work is complete?

Why wouldn't they?

Author:  Sussex [ Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

grandad wrote:
Why wouldn't they?

Because Nidge says so.

Author:  grandad [ Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
Why wouldn't they?

Because Nidge says so.

Fair enough. We have drawn up a list of other things that they may find wrong and we have an office sweepstake running. I got the brakes being ruined by the water. My missus got the turbo being f****d. :mrgreen:

Author:  MR T [ Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
Why wouldn't they?

Because Nidge says so.

Fair enough. We have drawn up a list of other things that they may find wrong and we have an office sweepstake running. I got the brakes being ruined by the water. My missus got the turbo being f****d. :mrgreen:

It is not back on the road then...??

Author:  grandad [ Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

MR T wrote:
It is not back on the road then...??

I only took the injectors back on Friday afternoon. Give them a chance.

Author:  grandad [ Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: diesel injectors?

According to our tracker, they have started the engine.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/