UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: tx1 front heater
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:20 pm 

has anyone replaced the drivers front heater matrix on a tx1

Post subject: Re: tx1 front heater
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:45 am 

so after you remove the drivers seat centre console o/s partition cover steering wheel dash board switches steering wheel speedo unit and disconnect the maim wiring harness remove the dashboard complete and heater ducting then heater box and cables finally you arrive at the drivers heat matrix what a night mare why don't LTI put a cover plate in the engine bay to access this matrix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:03 am 

cheam wrote:
so after you remove the drivers seat centre console o/s partition cover steering wheel dash board switches steering wheel speedo unit and disconnect the maim wiring harness remove the dashboard complete and heater ducting then heater box and cables finally you arrive at the drivers heat matrix what a night mare why don't LTI put a cover plate in the engine bay to access this matrix

I did not want to put you off doing it. it's easier next time. =D>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:04 pm 

Hello
Have you found any diagrams to help you do what you did? I have a leaky matrix.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:55 am 

NO diagrams available the LTI manual available does not cover the heater system ,if your replacing the rear matrix a piece of cake but the front one takes all day just to access take pictures of the air ducting under the dash before you remove them and the path of the wiring harness

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:42 pm 

A piece of copper pipe connecting the two pipes together in the engine bay, stop worrying about it until September!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:11 pm 

hello dear taxi colleagues in england, I drive 10 years a tx2 in switzerland, now I have a problem with my front fan motor! what do I have to do to change this? where do I have to start? dashboard dismantle? or is it about the glovebox? who can tell me? greet and thank you hanspi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:29 pm 

First take your seat out, then the centre console. Taking the selector knob involves pulling a retaining wire out of the slot passenger side and then sliding some sort of shim under the button drivers side took me ages but when I did it I genuinely felt like I'd cured baldness, aids and the common cold. Then take off the steering wheel followed by all of the plastic bits attached to the dashboard, detach switches, you'll need to slide the blower vents of the hoses. At this point it's worth taking photos. Now remove the clocks/speedo/temp unit, expect to swear a bit getting speedo cable off but give it some slack by pushing the cable from the engine bay.Get a light under the dashboard and start carefully snipping cable ties that attached the wiring loom to the underside of the dash. Pull the two hoses feeding air into the rear off, they're right under the front screen pillars. Now undo the 3 screws top of the dash and two by the two doors and the two bolts in the centre underneath. Lift out the dashboard. Now you've got a black box just under the windscreen, unbolt the intercom unit from the black box then unbolt this from the firewall. Now you need to undo about 472 screws to get to the matrix and the blowers. While you're in there change the matrix because it will be on the verge of going. Label stuff, don't remove anything you don't need to. Take a day to do it. Drink loads of tea while you do it. Takes a tenth of the time to put it back again.

I found about £13 in old pound coins.