Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:03 pm 

Hello
Sequence of issues.
Car hadn't moved in a while so it was jump started. Ran it for 10 miles and left it for a few days.
Wouldn't start again so jump started again. Switched off and tried to start it again and the battery was trying but the starter motor was not turning and there was a kind of buzzing noise from the dash.
Tried to jump start it again today but no lights at all appear on dash whilst the "jump" is in progress or after.

Maybe a few different issues to be looked at including alternator and starter motor but what I am wondering right now is because it does not seem to be reacting to the key could there also be an immobiliser issue ?
The only key I have is something like a Ford key but there isn't anything on it that looks electronic just a narrow black solid fob and silver metal barrel.
However behind the visor is a keypad but I am not aware of what it does (is it for the immobilior?) . If it is I don't have the immobiliser code so where do i get that from?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:40 am 

What year is it

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 pm 

MR T wrote:
What year is it

Last I looked it is 2017. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:50 am 

Looks to me like the immobiliser has been removed. There is a keypad under the visor but it does not seem active (no lights, no clicks). The car also did not come with a remote clicker just the key.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:28 am 

upnorth2016 wrote:

Looks to me like the immobiliser has been removed. There is a keypad under the visor but it does not seem active (no lights, no clicks). The car also did not come with a remote clicker just the key.

Just run a wire from the st/motor to the ignition

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:05 pm 

I had a nightmare with my TX2 that kept not starting. I changed the starter (three times, after getting two duds - what are the odds?), but that didn't help when starting it after a couple of days. Had the battery changed under warranty for the 2nd time in 2 years. My mechanic was ready to throw the car at me when he figured out that the combo of the battery lead connected to the chassis (which is the way the starter gets is power) is a crappy conductor. He ran an extra thick lead from the battery the Air Con compressor and it's never started better. That crappy connection was the thing that killed the previous starter and those batteries, so make sure you have a good connection from the battery to the engine block.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:58 pm 

Thank you guys