Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:28 pm 

Hi
I have been dropped into my lap a troublesome 2016 2.8 TXI Elegance...

first I have on the centre console a TPMS issue with the unit beeping and only showing 1 or 2 of the pressures.Image
Oddly the LH rear sometimes works, and displays 43-45psi but soon stops. the RH rear appears to work always. It's too young a car, and with only 3,300miles to be a flat battery in the TPMS.

Question1... Is this TPMS a system factory or aftermarket fitted?
Q2 ... there a manual reset?
Q3 ... is this borrowed from a similar car, as my snapon and texa diagnostics don't seem to read it? (or is there no diagnostics interface?)

Q4 ... I will be resetting all pressures to 40psi, which I think is regarded as the best pressures, but as this is used for school runs for 2-4 small kids and my light sister-in-law, would reducing to 36psi give a better ride?

The car has a parasitic drain, sitting at about 120ma when locked (shocking door locks take 35amps to lock!), which is by my usual standards about 80ma too much, is 120ma standard for a newish TX4, or is this something i'm not going to solve? It's just had a new battery from a dealer, but they probably did not even measure the residual current to check for a drain, sorry but see this sort of diagnostics (fix the symptom not even try to find the root problem) all too frequently!

Lastly of the problems, the power steering appears a bit on the noisy side, are they usually like this, or is there a better fluid to use, or indeed other fixes?

I have some other questions, but I'll search a bit more first and then post separately if I can't find answers as they are quite different...

Thanks in advance of any help
Best
Richard
(a mechanic by trade! ... but never touched a TX4 before)