Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tx1 into a fairway ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:28 am 

I have a fairway,I'm ready to lift out the engine and box as the box (older type with vacuum modulator) has gone Kaput. I thought of buying a TX! and swapping over the gearbox or maybe the engine and box complete,I intend running the TX! for a few months first while I rebuild the body on the fairway. Can anyone see any flaws in this idea?. I have only driven one TX1 and it was horrible. Noisy,rattling and vibrating like mad,I'd gone to buy it but didn't bother as it didn't seem it would survive the 150 mile journey back (or at least my fillings might not) my fairway is noisy and bad enough ,should a TX1 be better?
I have heard the TX2 engines are hopeless but as this is only used as a run round not a taxi would it be a better idea as there seem more of the TX2s than TX1s about.
Any comments please.

Post subject: Re: Tx1 into a fairway ?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:25 pm 

Tx1 has the same basic engine as the fairway (2.7 Nissan) so cant see too many problems with swapping them. Someone more knowledgable than me (that’s a lot of people!) will be along soon to tell you. The TX1 cab should be a lot more refined than your fairway. Keep clear of the horrid Ford TX2 engine!