Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: OBD Software
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:26 pm
Posts: 37
Hello

I was just wondering what software to use when plugging a cable into the obd port of a tx2. I tried forscan but it couldnt connect to the ecu. The usb to obd cable is fine as it works in other cars so could anybody suggest a good software to use.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OBD Software
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:26 pm
Posts: 37
I've found a cheap obd scanner on ebay. Whats people's opinion on them and could anyone recommend one that isnt too expensive.
The cab is an 02 reg so im not sure if its obd 2 compliant or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OBD Software
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9568
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
Nathan12319 wrote:
I've found a cheap obd scanner on ebay. Whats people's opinion on them and could anyone recommend one that isnt too expensive.
The cab is an 02 reg so im not sure if its obd 2 compliant or not.


They'll read the code and let you delete it but it will come back again. Get it fixed then happy days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OBD Software
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:26 pm
Posts: 37
Nidge2 wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
I've found a cheap obd scanner on ebay. Whats people's opinion on them and could anyone recommend one that isnt too expensive.
The cab is an 02 reg so im not sure if its obd 2 compliant or not.


They'll read the code and let you delete it but it will come back again. Get it fixed then happy days.


The problem is that the glow plug light is flashing constantly. I was told it was a blocked egr valve which i cleaned out however the light still remained. So i just need something to delete the code


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OBD Software
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3090
Location: Plymouth
I use "Torque" on my smart phone, the App was £2.95. I was careful to get the plug from a shop and not from ebay. Meant it cost more but there are horror stories about cheap Chinese copies killing the ECU in the vehicle, so £17.00 from the shop could well end up cheaper than £3.00 from ebay - but I will never know.

Total cost then, about £20.00 and it is better than the £140.00 reader I borrowed from a mate of mine.

Of course it could be that it is one of your Glow Plugs that is the problem by the way, and not your EGR.

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OBD Software
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:53 pm
Posts: 300
I have used forscan software with F-super MRK2 OBD 2 cable and it works ok with that on my 2002 tx2. Its fiddly to get working with the settings and you have to get the drivers from online but it does work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OBD Software
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:53 pm
Posts: 300
Nathan12319 wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
I've found a cheap obd scanner on ebay. Whats people's opinion on them and could anyone recommend one that isnt too expensive.
The cab is an 02 reg so im not sure if its obd 2 compliant or not.


They'll read the code and let you delete it but it will come back again. Get it fixed then happy days.


The problem is that the glow plug light is flashing constantly. I was told it was a blocked egr valve which i cleaned out however the light still remained. So i just need something to delete the code


Try blanking off the egr, mine's been blanked for the last couple of years now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: OBD Software
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:26 pm
Posts: 37
matty86 wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
I've found a cheap obd scanner on ebay. Whats people's opinion on them and could anyone recommend one that isnt too expensive.
The cab is an 02 reg so im not sure if its obd 2 compliant or not.


They'll read the code and let you delete it but it will come back again. Get it fixed then happy days.


The problem is that the glow plug light is flashing constantly. I was told it was a blocked egr valve which i cleaned out however the light still remained. So i just need something to delete the code


Try blanking off the egr, mine's been blanked for the last couple of years now.


What settings did you use to get forscan to work by the way? I cant get it to work to save my life unless the cable is faulty as it was from ebay although saying that it works in other cars


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group