Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tx2 Stereo problem
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:00 pm 

Good evening all

My tx2 has developed a strange problem with the stereo. It's a JVC kd-s1501 and the bugger doesn't turn on. When the unit is plugged into the cab the screen just flickers even with the ignition off and pressing the power button does nothing. i have to remove the face plate to stop the battery going flat. Is this just an earth problem seeing as there must be some power going to the unit. I have tried a newish sony stereo that i know works but that didn't light up at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the drone of the engine isn't a very entertaining sound.

Post subject: Re: Tx2 Stereo problem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:05 pm 

It has to be your wiring. Check with a volt meter to see which is the AAC (only on when key is turned) and the constant supply (feed from the battery). Usually a radio draining the battery is where those two have got swapped or there's a leak to ground.

Here's the digram.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2e/2f/e6 ... 1b29d7.jpg

Then check if you have a leak between the ground and any of the speaker wires, then check there's no short between speakers (i.e. different speakers).

If the wiring is all good then something off with the stereo and you need a new one. Also, make sure you have the right wiring harness for your stereo - using the wrong one could mean that you're shorting out. Again, check the wiring and pinouts on the connectors.