Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TX4 Heating problem
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:48 pm 

Hi guys as title not getting any heating coming through front vents, engine warms up ok no overheating, no coolant leak but can hear hissing coming from the header tank cap is this normal? Rear passenger compartment has got heating heats up nicely, problem is the front, I’ve checked all the pipes and they are all hot apart from one, this pipe comes from the header tank and goes to the thermostat housing this is pipe cool not hot at all whilst the others are hot, the heater control valve functions as it should and the pipes by left leg drivers side are all hot including the metal pipes which I believe is the heater matrix, done a heater matrix flush and there doesn’t seem to be any blockage water runs through freely.

Anyone else had similar issue or someone can tell me what I could check or replace to fix the problem.
Any advice appreciated.

Post subject: Re: TX4 Heating problem
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:27 pm 

check the hoses connecting the heater to the vents,sometimes they disconnect the hoses from the vents and leave them hanging down below the dash to get hot air to your feet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:51 pm 

Hi mate thanks for the reply, all the hoses are connected as they should be, just can’t figure it out, as mentioned in the original post, I’ve got heating the rear passenger compartment, all the pipes are hit including the pipes from heater matrix by left leg, heater control valve is operating as it should, but no heat from all vents, centre,left right,and footwell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:13 pm 

I am not a mechanic, but years ago I had a Metrocab and had a similar problem.

Turned out that due to the coolant not being changed for years (probably) the heater matrix, which had been isolated during the summer, had blocked the pipes and the matrix by turning into a kind of jelly. Tried blasting it through with HP air but ended up with a second hand matrix and pipes from a breakers. Wasn't the right one but a bracket to make it fit and it was excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:44 pm 

most of the TX4s have had the front heater rads replaced up here