Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tx2 Wiper issue
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:04 pm 

Hello guys

A small issue i've notice this morning with my TX2. The front wipers are not working on the intermittent setting as they should. When i flick the switch to the intermittent setting the wipers switch on and move up the screen a little bit and then stop. With them still on the intermittent setting about 20 seconds later they'll move up a inch or so again and then stop and so on. They work perfectly fine on the constant setting and on the fast wipe setting. The other issue is that they wont park either which i guess is related to this issue. Is this a internal fault with the wiper motor or is there another issue?

Many thanks

Post subject: Re: Tx2 Wiper issue
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:42 pm 

Nathan12319 wrote:
Hello guys

A small issue i've notice this morning with my TX2. The front wipers are not working on the intermittent setting as they should. When i flick the switch to the intermittent setting the wipers switch on and move up the screen a little bit and then stop. With them still on the intermittent setting about 20 seconds later they'll move up a inch or so again and then stop and so on. They work perfectly fine on the constant setting and on the fast wipe setting. The other issue is that they wont park either which i guess is related to this issue. Is this a internal fault with the wiper motor or is there another issue?

Many thanks

Pull the wipers away from the windscreen and see if the wipers operate then. If they do, without resistance to the windscreen, your wiper motor is probably dying on you. A new one will cost about sixty quid, a second hand one obviously less. Easy to replace.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:05 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
Hello guys

Many thanks

Pull the wipers away from the windscreen and see if the wipers operate then. If they do, without resistance to the windscreen, your wiper motor is probably dying on you. A new one will cost about sixty quid, a second hand one obviously less. Easy to replace.

Thanks for the reply

Pulled the wipers away from the screen however it made no difference, I also tried swapping around the relays to see if that made any difference but it didn't. Could it still be a fault with the motor itself or is there another issue somewhere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:37 pm 

Nathan12319 wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
Hello guys

Many thanks

Quote:
#
Thanks for the reply

Pulled the wipers away from the screen however it made no difference, I also tried swapping around the relays to see if that made any difference but it didn't. Could it still be a fault with the motor itself or is there another issue somewhere

Wiper motor Fu$ked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:51 pm 

Little update on this issue

I managed to source a brand new wiper motor
Fitted it all okay however the issue still remains, One good thing is the new wiper motor is much quieter than the old one :D
Any ideas on what the issue could be at this point?

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:32 pm 

Check the plug that fits into the wiper motor for a broken wire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:20 pm 

Nathan12319 wrote:
Little update on this issue

I managed to source a brand new wiper motor
Fitted it all okay however the issue still remains, One good thing is the new wiper motor is much quieter than the old one :D
Any ideas on what the issue could be at this point?

Cheers

your wiper stalk