All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:18 pm 

What was the outcome cabby john?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:55 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
What was the outcome cabby john?????

Ironically the car is going back into the garage 10.04.2007 the door is a right pain in the a$$e.

I have had a new door fitted as the original came out of alignment - it has got to go back again for re- aligning again. The door handle was replaced and that is also playing up again. I had a wonderful e-mail (Not) back from cabs direct telling me how to put my Knee into the back of the door and bend it back into shape.

I passed on that one fearing that any attempt at repairs by myself would invalidate the warranty. In the meantime I am plodding on - but I fear that once the warranty is out I am going to have ongoing problems. It is a shame really because apart from the door it is not a bad vehicle as taxis go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:56 am 
I know of someone who got a friend to reverse their Volvo into the door so that they could get the door replaced on insurance, and several others who have mysteriously suffered "break ins" through the rear doors to get the locks changed on the insurance, but I wouldn't like to put these ideas into anyones mind and don't recommend them in any way at all. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:08 pm 

mctaxi wrote:
peugeot will just tell you you either need to replace the door handle the door rods or both but you will only suffer the same problems again i adjusted (bent) the rods in the back of mine 12 months ago and never had any probs since as before i was replacing door handles like they were outa fashion

Could you post some photos showing what rods you bent :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:36 pm 

if I remember right, there is a control bar that goes from one side of the door to the orthe other side of the door which connects to the inner locking mechanism... bend it just enough to take the play away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:41 pm 

MR T wrote:
if I remember right, there is a control bar that goes from one side of the door to the orthe other side of the door which connects to the inner locking mechanism... bend it just enough to take the play away.

As stupid as this question sounds, Does it matter which way that you bend it.

Regards John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:16 pm 

cabby john wrote:
MR T wrote:

Regards John

The intention is to make the bar shorter, but you must not make it so that the covering panel when it is replaced presses against it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:21 pm 

MR T wrote:
cabby john wrote:
MR T wrote:

Regards John

The intention is to make the bar shorter, but you must not make it so that the covering panel when it is replaced presses against it.

Thanks Trevor.

Regards John