Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: E7 sliding door problem.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:41 pm 

I have had trouble with the nearside sliding door for quite some time, with it coming out of alignment. The door has already been replaced once but I am having the same trouble all over again, it is so bad that from the inside you can see daylight through the gap in the top corner.

Some time ago I received this reply from cabs direct, tbh I still cannot believe the answer given. The main dealer that I have been taking it to do not seem to have the answer to getting it back into alignment. Has anyone else had the same problems - if so how did your dealer manage to sort it.

copy of e-mail reply below.

Thank you for taking the time to use our Customer Service information email facility.

I am sorry to learn that you are having problems with your sliding doors, the doors can twist due to
people slamming and when this happens top male and female ends do not insert. This causes the a twist with the lower half of the door closed, and the top half still open.

To prevent this the doors must be adjusted top and bottom, with all locations lining up, when this is exact and the door is now closed, you might find that the top of the door is wide at the top corner.

With the door half opened you must then physically go inside the vehicle and pull the top corner in by hand with slight force, you must put your knee on the door for support and pull in very carefully so you don't crease it.
Keep trying after adjustment until the door starts to shape into the contour of the door aperture it will eventually start to compress the door rubber seals when the at the correct shape.

Customer Services Manager

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:18 pm 

cabby john wrote:
With the door half opened you must then physically go inside the vehicle and pull the top corner in by hand with slight force, you must put your knee on the door for support and pull in very carefully so you don't crease it.
Keep trying after adjustment until the door starts to shape into the contour of the door aperture it will eventually start to compress the door rubber seals when the at the correct shape.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm 

Sussex wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Priceless :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:46 pm 

Top repair advice.

BEND THE DOOR!!! :shock:

Post subject: tut.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:42 pm 

why dont you go to the office of fair trading with that reply. im sure they will love that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:19 pm 

I had a similar problem with a bluebird, I took it to the dealer and he had a look then phoned the body shop the panel beater came over took one look at it then opened the door and put his knee against it and bent it in and that sorted it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:18 pm 

Location: Grim North, Carrot Crunchers and Codhead Country, North of Watford Gap
skippy41 wrote:
I had a similar problem with a bluebird, I took it to the dealer and he had a look then phoned the body shop the panel beater came over took one look at it then opened the door and put his knee against it and bent it in and that sorted it

bit like these fellows then

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zBsPFI--muo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:27 pm 

And Does Door Glass Bend as far as the Metal frame..or does it just disintegrate into a Billion pieces??