Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:38 am 

MR T wrote:
Why don't you send him a copy of the article that you're placing in Taxi Talk and ask him if he would like to place an article in reply

TBH that is a good idea but one to keep on the back burner. What I am going to do is to give them every opportunity to put it right, then nobody can accuse me of not doing things the right way.

I will get a letter off to Cabs Direct highlighting the problem and see what their stance is. I have no doubt that there will be more buck passing but I hope to get a result one way or another. As a matter of interest I have kept copies of all e-mails received so far, I have no doubt that they will hang themselves on those alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:17 pm 
I've never used Cab Direct but I know a few lads who've used them and all have horror stories to tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:18 pm 

I have received a letter from "Peugeot" and apparently they discussed the issues with the bodyshop that I deal with.

[quote]We have discussed the issues with the Bodyshop at the dealer who advise that they have carried out various adjustments to the door opening mechanism on the vehicle at various points during the course of the warranty. As we have not previously been involved in the events carried out by the dealer and cannot inspect the vehicle we are guided by the assessment of the Peugeot Authorised Repairer and the results of this assessment.

Although we understand your continued concerns over the misalignment of the sliding door mechanism on our vehicle, the dealer is of the opinion that this will continue to be caused by the substantial opening and closing of said doors/s as a result of the commercial activity that the vehicle is subject to. They confirm that there is not manufacturing defect present on the issue reported so therefore we would not be ale to provide any further assistance in this respect.

We can appreciate that this response may not be the desired resolution that you were seeking and we apologize for any inconvenience caused, but in the absence of an actual manufacturing defect we regret that we could not offer any out of warranty assistance towards any necessary corrective work.[quote]

So there you are the normal standard wiggle out reply. Note the words substantial and commercial, and there is me thinking that it was a working vehicle :roll:

I spoke to the technician who has been dealing with the problem, and he said no one has spoken to him. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:31 pm 

cabby john wrote:
So there you are the normal standard wiggle out reply. Note the words substantial and commercial, and there is me thinking that it was a working vehicle :roll:

A judge in the small claims court would pi** himself laughing at that one. [-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:43 pm 

the E7 is a COMMERCIAL the Expert what its based on is a COMMERCIAL so the use would be COMMERCIAL........ i only bought 1 car from them and never again..... customer service is Cr$p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:56 pm 

Sussex wrote:
cabby john wrote:

A judge in the small claims court would pi** himself laughing at that one. [-(

That is the route that I see my self going "small claims" I have dealt with similar situations in the past, and I just know when someone is stringing me a line. I have still got the original E-Mail from "Cabs Direct" January 2007, who suggested that I stick my Knee into the back of the door and bend it into shape :lol:

Quote:

I am sorry to learn that you are having problems with your sliding doors, the doors can twist due to
people slamming and when this happens top male and female ends do not insert. This causes the a twist with the lower half of the door closed, and the top half still open.

To prevent this the doors must be adjusted top and bottom, with all locations lining up, when this is exact and the door is now closed, you might find that the top of the door is wide at the top corner.

With the door half opened you must then physically go inside the vehicle and pull the top corner in by hand with slight force, you must put your knee on the door for support and pull in very carefully so you don't crease it.
Keep trying after adjustment until the door starts to shape into the contour of the door aperture it will eventually start to compress the door rubber seals when the at the correct shape.

You could not make it up, could you.