Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Fiat TW200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 pm 

Does any one have one of these? Paton/Jubilee answer to the E7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:08 am 

Our association has members with them......errm stick to an E7 :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:26 am 

Would you care to enlighten me further, after all it is basically the same vehicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 am 

bulldogdrummond wrote:
Would you care to enlighten me further, after all it is basically the same vehicle.

from what I can gather the rear heater is a problem.....but only in the winter :lol:

its located under the rear seat and hardly works. (I await MrT telling us of stories of the old fx3 rear heater being in a similar position :wink: )

the warrenty situation is apparently also lagging behind the E7 people.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:38 am 

bulldogdrummond wrote:

It may look the same but the Fiat or (Fix it again tomorrow) :sad: has the fiat engine and not the Pug one, used by Pug and Citron
As CC says go for the E7 at least you will get a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 am 

Just another van conversion taxi?.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: New Fiat TW200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 am 

bulldogdrummond wrote:

I think if you did a search you would get as many folks moaning about one as the other. In my opinion they are much of a muchness.

The only good thing is if you are buying new you can play one against the other to get a better deal. :wink:

I would also take into account what local dealers you have, and if they are any good. In other words if the local Fiat dealer is miles away and useless, then go for the E7, and vice-versa.

Post subject: Re: New Fiat TW200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:10 am 
bulldogdrummond wrote:

A mate of mine in Mansfield has one, he swapped his old E7 for the TW200, he's regretting the day he ever clapped eyes on the Fiat. I'll ring him and ask him what problems he's had with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:43 am 

Citroen/Fiat/Peugot

watch what you buy

for a start, the same part will be a different price at all 3, and may be unavailable at 2 while another has it (I had this with strut top mountings, 3 week wait with citroen, on the shelf at fiat, 50% dearer at peugot)

secondly, make sure your dealer (or the 2nd and 3rd alternative) are actually interested in bacing up warranty work, and arent like my nearest citroen dealer "ill book it in in 2 weeks"

warranty work must be done at a main dealer but servicing neednt be

and to close

dont buy one....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:01 am 

Interesting, the rear heater has been upgraded, and the engine is the same fitted to all 3....allegedly.
I bought a new NX8 Nissan in September, while no major mechanical problems I am less than impressed with it.
Cab direct have just taken an NX8 in p/ex (one of my colleagues actually), they dont have a buyer for it and won't entertain taking another until they have flogged my mates (or thats the story from a guy called Billy). Havent driven one, but I have sat in one (a bit cramped I thought), I have driven a TW200SE SWB (YESTERDAY), and felt more "comfortable".....a bit more room in the drivers area.
Warranties appear almost the same....E7 2yrs u/l mileage can buy extra 3 yrs insurance backed. Fiat.....2yrs 100,000miles .
Myabe I ought to call BILLY boy at cab direct again and see what is happening there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:09 pm 

Quote:
As CC says go for the E7 at least you will get a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty

Do not pay to much heed to a 5 year warranty - the general consensus is that they are not worth the paper that they are written on.

Quote:
Myabe I ought to call BILLY boy at cab direct

I have dealt with "Billy boy" and he sounds like a nice bloke, but there again used car salesmen can sound like that cant they - whatever you do - do not take his word on anything, get it put in writing - whatever it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:15 am 

cabby john wrote:

I have dealt with "Billy boy" and he sounds like a nice bloke, but there again used car salesmen can sound like that cant they - whatever you do - do not take his word on anything, get it put in writing - whatever it is.

tend to agree....I found the guy ok....but he cant be blamed entirely?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:28 pm 

Patons wanted stupid money to trade in for the TW200SE. I have looked at the Voyager Citroen, not bad, not quite as good as the E7 and TW200 though IMHO, and of course they are more than happy to take the Nissan (Voyager) back and for not too bad money.
I have spoken to Billy Caldwell at Cabdirect again, he is to call me Monday lunchtime to tell me whether they are in a position to even discuss a p/ex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 pm 

bulldogdrummond wrote:
Patons wanted stupid money to trade in for the TW200SE. I have looked at the Voyager Citroen, not bad, not quite as good as the E7 and TW200 though IMHO, and of course they are more than happy to take the Nissan (Voyager) back and for not too bad money.
I have spoken to Billy Caldwell at Cabdirect again, he is to call me Monday lunchtime to tell me whether they are in a position to even discuss a p/ex.

Could you tell us how much, or how little, they offered? And on what? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:08 am 

The Nissan is a 2008 "58" NX8 by Voyager, 20k on the clock. I had demo'd a TW200SE SWB, we had yet to really discuss anything, the rep told me "realistically" I would have to put 10k to the Nissan if I wanted the TW200 .
Voyager started at 5k to change, this was reduced to 4.4k when I took the alloys off the list....it may reduce more but I doubt it.
Cab direct or rather Billy won't even consider taking the Nissan in p/ex until he has a buyer for the other one they took in.