Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:33 am 
Spoke to the lad who's got the Fiat last night, he's had a few problems with is they are as follows.

1. Fuel pump which was replaced under warranty.

2. Back bushes which wasn't changed under warranty.

3. All new door seals which wasn't changed under warranty.

4. Another fuel pump which wasn't changed under warranty.

5. New steering rack, the garage are trying to work out who's going to pay for the new rack.

He said it's a sack of crap and the worse £20,000 he's ever spent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:43 pm 

Thanks for the info, are the 3 vehicles built at different locations??

Nigel wrote:
Spoke to the lad who's got the Fiat last night, he's had a few problems with is they are as follows.

1. Fuel pump which was replaced under warranty.

2. Back bushes which wasn't changed under warranty.

3. All new door seals which wasn't changed under warranty.

4. Another fuel pump which wasn't changed under warranty.

5. New steering rack, the garage are trying to work out who's going to pay for the new rack.

He said it's a sack of crap and the worse £20,000 he's ever spent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:27 pm 

No they all come down the same assembly line, :shock: but only the Peugeot and citron share the same components

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:30 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
No they all come down the same assembly line, :shock: but only the Peugeot and citron share the same components

aye and their both lemons :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:59 pm 

skippy41 wrote:

I heard the Citron is a bit of a lemon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:01 pm 

jimbo wrote:

I heard the Citron is a bit of a lemon...

Watch.....yourself with statements like that :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:20 pm 

They all a bag of trash. They are poor vans to start with, but when you start asking them to run around cities with passengers in them, it all goes t*ts up. There is not much out there for the discerning WAV buyer. TOO much, for TOO little. :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:36 pm 

have to disagree ... got a voyager cit old shape 3 years old nothing mech been done , same cluch just service tyres pads etc done 120000 miles... conversion solid....... got a 58 tw200o lwb done 20000 in 6 months runs like a dream . have a commercial dealer near me who only does mini bus, vans and motorhomes and can do all warrantry work .......... put that up with the cock ups with tx2 and tx4s.... ive seen bits fall off all types tx, vito cit ,pug some times you get a bad one dosent matter who bulids it.......... but i would never get back in a salon car again to do this job............................... and ive had over 20 years at it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:51 pm 

dinkidoo wrote:
have to disagree ... got a voyager cit old shape 3 years old nothing mech been done , same cluch just service tyres pads etc done 120000 miles... conversion solid....... got a 58 tw200o lwb done 20000 in 6 months runs like a dream . have a commercial dealer near me who only does mini bus, vans and motorhomes and can do all warrantry work .......... put that up with the cock ups with tx2 and tx4s.... ive seen bits fall off all types tx, vito cit ,pug some times you get a bad one dosent matter who bulids it.......... but i would never get back in a salon car again to do this job............................... and ive had over 20 years at it
Why not go back to a saloon? I am curious! Is it the safety aspect with the driver’s partition? I can understand that if you do late night work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 pm 

I wanted the partition ..... Too many muppets now a days ..... The jobs not worth the risk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:35 pm 

dinkidoo wrote:
I wanted the partition ..... Too many muppets now a days ..... The jobs not worth the risk
Yes I thought it might be that reason, fair comment. You need to feel secure doing night work. More fuel consumption but worth it for the extra security.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:55 pm 
Well for who it might interest I saw a Fiat Scudo Fishy with the engine in bits today, latest model etc, head off engine out and they still aren't sure whats wrong with it. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:38 pm 

dinkidoo wrote:

, runs like a dream but all the inside rattles drive you bleeding mad do you have the same problem ? ](*,)