PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:33 pm 

toots wrote:
charles007 wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:
Take note Jasbar and Skull, Restriction Restriction :D :D :D :D

More to do with the taxi fleet doubling over a short period of time..........of course according to some this doesnt happen, and deregulation is a bed of f*cking roses........apart from those who have to pick up the pieces.

CC

The Two Amigo's don't care about anyone or anything they just want to screw the system like there idol ALI T :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You spelled idle wrong :wink:

CC

Its not me.

CC is being facetious and they also spelt 'there' wrong or more to the point they used the wrong 'there' it should have been 'their' :wink:

There, there Ms Toots, there, there Ms Toots, . . . . calm down, it's only a forum, calm down it's only a forum, calm down it's only a forum, . . . . there, there Ms Toots!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:10 am 

Quote:
There, there Ms Toots, there, there Ms Toots, . . . . calm down, it's only a forum, calm down it's only a forum, calm down it's only a forum, . . . . there, there Ms Toots!!

Pmsl you're not well :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:04 am 

toots wrote:
Quote:

Pmsl you're not well :lol:

I like a good laugh as well as a serious debate.

:wink:

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 pm 

My biggest concern is now that they recognise that there are too many out there, will they not issue any more as drivers do not renew their license?

In other words as renewals are not taken up it would be an opportunity to reduce the numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:20 pm 

cabby john wrote:
My biggest concern is now that they recognise that there are too many out there, will they not issue any more as drivers do not renew their license?

In other words as renewals are not taken up it would be an opportunity to reduce the numbers.

Why hand it back when you can sell it to someone who cant get one from the council?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 pm 

cabby john wrote:

They will probably do what Brum has just done; introduce an age limit on vehicles & more stringent testing & controls on them.

Whether that works & I doubt it will, we'll have to wait & see.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:20 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
cabby john wrote:

They will probably do what Brum has just done; introduce an age limit on vehicles & more stringent testing & controls on them.

Whether that works & I doubt it will, we'll have to wait & see.

I thought there was an age limit already in Cardiff?

The fact is a guy called Mr Shone went there under a cloud from Liverpool, he f*cked things up, alongside that greedy guy who took the council to court when they bypassed the waiting list with a lottery system.

Either way the re-regulation of numbers is a good thing for those left to pick up the pieces........but its a long road ahead and fraught with many bankruptcies.

Of course that doesnt happen according to jaspar, skull and gusmac.......thats probably the plate barons fault :roll:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:31 pm 

gusmac wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Why hand it back when you can sell it to someone who cant get one from the council?

I am not sure of the exact number but I think only plates numbered up 450 are saleable, the rest are not transferable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:01 pm 

cabby john wrote:
I am not sure of the exact number but I think only plates numbered up 450 are saleable, the rest are not transferable.

Not what the acts say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:13 pm 

Sussex wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Not what the acts say.

I wish I had 451 :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:20 pm 

Sussex wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Not what the acts say.

It is not a point that I can argue on as I do not know much about it. To give you an example, a year back the woman in the plating dept thought that I was not having the same number on the back of my cab and went to promptly issue another number.

It leads me to think that the moment I am not driving/licensing my cab then the number will be withdrawn. If the vehicle is then over three years old a new plate would not be granted as newly licensed vehicles have to be three years old or younger, so a new owner would be stuffed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm 

cabby john wrote:
It is not a point that I can argue on as I do not know much about it. To give you an example, a year back the woman in the plating dept thought that I was not having the same number on the back of my cab and went to promptly issue another number.

It leads me to think that the moment I am not driving/licensing my cab then the number will be withdrawn. If the vehicle is then over three years old a new plate would not be granted as newly licensed vehicles have to be three years old or younger, so a new owner would be stuffed.

Your council can have as many rules as they like, and they might even truely believe they are legal, however;

i) Your council cannot stop you from transferring the vehicle to whom ever you chose, when ever you choose.

ii) Your council cannot refuse to re-license your vehicle if you don't drive it.

Basically your council cannot legally treat one set of vehicle owners different to another set, the acts don't allow a pseudo apartheid in the cab trade, although many drivers and councils wish they did. :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 pm 

Sussex wrote:

i) Your council cannot stop you from transferring the vehicle to whom ever you chose, when ever you choose.

ii) Your council cannot refuse to re-license your vehicle if you don't drive it.

Basically your council cannot legally treat one set of vehicle owners different to another set, the acts don't allow a pseudo apartheid in the cab trade, although many drivers and councils wish they did. :sad:

Yes, Sussex is absolutely correct.

I dont know, nor particularly care, what your LA brought in to stem THEIR policy of deregulation,, they cannot really alter by condition the results, especially what has been pointed out in this thread.

I wonder if hurt of feelings would do in an appeal.......because they've hurt mine :wink:

CC