Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:53 pm 

tx_op wrote:
toots wrote:

I have a friend who would take exception to you saying that she has been brainwashed into believing she can't get into a WAV. Whilst there is a step to aid her and handles for her to hold onto the problem arises if her hand won't grip which it often doesn't. Why should they have to put in so much more effort to enter a taxi. It's easier for people in wheelchairs to enter taxis than it is for some 'able bodied' people and that is not equality.

You see them all running up the stairs of the coach that's taking them to Blackpool or wherever for the 3 day trip or beano eh ??? and i'll bet not one of them says..."I can't get in that i'll wait for the next one"
Hyproctites the whole lot o them ](*,)

bang on!

i used to do a feeder run to meet a seaside oap coach tour, them coach steps are narrow and steep, they all got on though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:49 pm 

toots wrote:
I have a friend who would take exception to you saying that she has been brainwashed into believing she can't get into a WAV. Whilst there is a step to aid her and handles for her to hold onto the problem arises if her hand won't grip which it often doesn't.

If she can walk up a slight incline, then she can get into any WAV that has a ramp. She doesn't need to grip anything other than the drivers hand.

Clearly you are in the brainwashing massive. [-X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:50 pm 

toots wrote:
I'd also question why it should be an age related issue when it comes to drivers being exempt. It should only be strength and ability related issue not an age issue. I'm not a big person nor a strong person and I'd be lucky if I could push anybody over 7st in a wheelchair on a slight incline.

So because you wont be exempt you begrudge others that opportunity. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:09 pm 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:
I'd also question why it should be an age related issue when it comes to drivers being exempt. It should only be strength and ability related issue not an age issue. I'm not a big person nor a strong person and I'd be lucky if I could push anybody over 7st in a wheelchair on a slight incline.

So because you wont be exempt you begrudge others that opportunity. :?

No not at all I was merely using me as an example. I am surely not the only small person without a great deal of strength that is a taxi/ph driver. Just because somebody is older this should not be the only contributing factor to exemption