Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: SOLD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:02 pm 

Right you are there blackpool
How much are plates going for in blackpool atm
Do you have your own plate, how much did you pay for it and do you think it was worth investing in?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 pm 

toots wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:
OK, so we've established that neither Toots nor Skippy can spell, but where's Skippy's grammatical deficiencies?

It's comforting to know that your sense of humour hasn't changed and as I said you missed the point entirely :wink: I see Grandad got the drift tho :D

Eh, you mean everytime someone misses out a full stop we have to point it out? Some people don't even bother with them, full stop. (See what I did there? :D )

Or when grandad misspells 'sentance' or I misspell 'deficiencies'? :oops:

Actually, I don't think I misspelt deficiencies at all, but is it really worth looking up, or indeed - to come back to the issue in hand - pointing out? [-(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:47 pm 

jack351 wrote:
I don't see no point in all this de-restriction thing I'm against it all....

Well having just spend £70k on a cab and plate you do surprise me....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:47 pm 

jack351 wrote:
Do you have your own plate, how much did you pay for it and do you think it was worth investing in?

Sorry mate dont discuss what i paid or how much there worth on a open forum.Maybe you could ask dusty he seems to know more about where i work than me :badgrin:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:51 pm 

blackpool wrote:
jack351 wrote:

Sorry mate dont discuss what i paid or how much there worth on a open forum.Maybe you could ask dusty he seems to know more about where i work than me :badgrin:

Well I do know that when you say...

"The value of the plate isnt something i think about a lot"

That you're talking out of your backside. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:53 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:
Or when grandad misspells 'sentance' [-(

:wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 pm 

Congratulations jack
As I've only been working oxford less than a year with my knowledge I'd say if you want to drive whole shift I suggest come on around 2pm and finish 1am-2 as work at that times tends to quiet down so no point staying after 2am trains still come but most cabbies will be there so you'll Just end up waiting for nothing and weekends 4pm work goes on till around 4am as clubs close but they'll still be a little work after when the last club closes at 4am but if you want to drive a shift and a driver to do another shift there's day 7am-5pm and night 6pm-2am/4am most drivers will work nights and its 60/40 to you, you pay everything fuel,insurance,mot,tax the driver takes his 40%.
You might want to join a taxi firm so you'll have a radio circuit there's station cars Just out of oxford new firm I am with them good fares mainly oxford to surrounding villages or villages to oxford and weekly rent it £90.
Just private message me for any more info.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:
Eh, you mean everytime someone misses out a full stop we have to point it out? Some people don't even bother with them, full stop. (See what I did there? )

Or when grandad misspells 'sentance' or I misspell 'deficiencies'?

Actually, I don't think I misspelt deficiencies at all, but is it really worth looking up, or indeed - to come back to the issue in hand - pointing out?

It was a joke that went straight over your head. Grandad picked up on it and misspelled sentance but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 pm 

toots wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:
Eh, you mean everytime someone misses out a full stop we have to point it out? Some people don't even bother with them, full stop. (See what I did there? )

Or when grandad misspells 'sentance' or I misspell 'deficiencies'?

Actually, I don't think I misspelt deficiencies at all, but is it really worth looking up, or indeed - to come back to the issue in hand - pointing out?

It was a joke that went straight over your head. Grandad picked up on it and misspelled sentance but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet :roll:

Or perhaps it was such a feeble joke that I didn't notice it? :roll:

And maybe you'll actually get round to explaining it to us lesser mortals sometime? #-o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:27 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:
blackpool wrote:
jack351 wrote:

Well I do know that when you say...

"The value of the plate isnt something i think about a lot"

That you're talking out of your backside. :lol:

Oh how ive missed you, now i know this will be hard for you to get your head around but the so called value of my plate is not something i dwell on.Not nearly as much as you ! Ive had it for god knows how long so its paid for itself .The same way say,my house has.As in life some people rent,some buy.Some maybe like yourself have a hint of dare i say it "jelousy" xx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:21 pm 

http://youtu.be/Oo4OnQpwjkc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 am 

By the way, Toots, Skippy's missing full stop was a punctuation error rather than a grammatical one.

Thus one spelling mistake and no sign of any grammatical errors at all; that's why I took issue with your dig at Skippy, joking or otherwise. [-(

Thus by the standards of the forum generally - ie numerous spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors - Skippy's post was an object lesson in good English, particularly from a Scotsman :wink:

But as I said I'm not quite so sure about the substantive points he was making :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:42 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
By the way, Toots, Skippy's missing full stop was a punctuation error rather than a grammatical one.

Thus one spelling mistake and no sign of any grammatical errors at all; that's why I took issue with your dig at Skippy, joking or otherwise. [-(

Thus by the standards of the forum generally - ie numerous spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors - Skippy's post was an object lesson in good English, particularly from a Scotsman :wink:

But as I said I'm not quite so sure about the substantive points he was making :D

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill ffs. I never mentioned the full stop anyway. It's a good job I know Skippy has a sense of humour and as I posted earlier 'don't worry, be happy' :lol: :lol: I made a deliberate error on grammer, I use spellchecker ffs I'm not perfect :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 am 

Me making a mountain out of a molehill? :lol:

It was you who made the initial point, and all I did was post a gentle response asking what was wrong with Skippy's grammar, but you clearly had no answer and since then have done your level best to make it look like I'm the one who's missing the point, being pedantic, making a mountain out of a molehill etc. :roll:

Listen, I know there's absolutely no one on here likes me posting, but don't worry, I'll be out of your hair soon when the site's back up and running properly.

And to be honest I couldn't really care less about TDO, but have just come back briefly to help someone out that I have a great deal of respect for, and because despite the bull on here there's also lots of useful information in the archives for research etc. And because it was yours truly who set the site up originally [-(

A few days ago we thought the site and all the archives had basically disappeared permanently - and we certainly wouldn't have been starting it from scratch again - and I still really can't work out why I felt so bothered about it #-o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:44 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
I know there's absolutely no one on here likes me posting,

Why on earth would you think that. I enjoy your posting. Serious issues get sorted but a bit of banter along the way livens the day up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next