Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: SOLD
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:48 am 

Quote:
It was you who made the initial point, and all I did was post a gentle response asking what was wrong with Skippy's grammar

As a joke, which is why I misspelled 'grammer'. In answer to what was wrong he wrote 'waist' instead of 'waste', he clearly had something else on his mind, which would have been my follow up if Skippy had posted in reply :roll: Talk about spoil the plot :lol:

Quote:
Listen, I know there's absolutely no one on here likes me posting, but don't worry, I'll be out of your hair soon when the site's back up and running properly.

I have no problem with your posts, they make for lively discussion, not that it would bother you if I did :D

Quote:
And because it was yours truly who set the site up originally

I noticed when I first joined and had a look at the members and when they joined that you where there at the beginning. I often wondered where you'd gone to

Quote:
A few days ago we thought the site and all the archives had basically disappeared permanently - and we certainly wouldn't have been starting it from scratch again - and I still really can't work out why I felt so bothered about it

I know I'd be bothered if I'd started something from scratch only to loose it all when it has achieved what this site has. Imho it's the best site for taxis/ph on the web.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:59 am 

Quote:
you pay everything fuel,insurance,mot,tax the driver takes his 40%.
[-X [-X [-X :shock: :shock: :shock:
If thats what happens in Oxford the tax man will want a word as to why the driver is not on the min wage plus OT, with you paying his tax and NI and all sickness and holiday pay.
Oops almost forgot the full stop. :shock: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:19 am 

grandad wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:
I know there's absolutely no one on here likes me posting,

Why on earth would you think that. I enjoy your posting. Serious issues get sorted but a bit of banter along the way livens the day up.

Er, thanks Grandad. :oops:

And obviously I overegged the pudding a bit there, but for example when I departed a few weeks ago when someone was getting a bit too personal a bit too often it was pretty obvious whose side almost everyone wasn't taking. [-(

And I'm all for a bit of banter as well, but it just goes too far too much of the time, and in fact even when TDO started eight years ago I already found that whole side of things a bit tiresome, and for obvious reasons things were never going to improve in that regard, despite my hope and niavety that it could. :-k

And clearly my aim has never been to win any popularity contests or even find favour with anything other than a small minority, but there comes a point...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:54 pm 

jack351 wrote:
How much are plates going for in blackpool

You can't buy a plate in Blackpool, they belong to the LA. You can however buy a 30 year old hack for £30k that comes with a 'free' plate. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:54 pm 

sasha wrote:
jack351 wrote:

You can't buy a plate in Blackpool, they belong to the LA. You can however buy a 30 year old hack for £30k that comes with a 'free' plate. :lol:

Must admit i do like when people talk sh1te,especially about something they now very little about.I take your tongue in cheek,obviously 30years old is a exageration for your amusement,but the 30 grand your way of the mark even for the plate x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:58 pm 

sasha wrote:
jack351 wrote:

Nah they are antiques there and with a high value, if Arthur Negus was still alive he would be in his element :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:00 pm 

Says the man who drives around in what for feck all :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 pm 

45k as i heard
256 hackneys restricted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:21 pm 

Whats this all about ? The price of plates in blackpool,and what the fecks it got to do with anyone unless they want to spend some money !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 pm 

I have a spell checker hardley used, never needed it

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Whats this all about ? The price of plates in blackpool,and what the fecks it got to do with anyone unless they want to spend some money !

Some people think it's wrong because the plates belong to the council and didn't cost anywhere near the price charged for them now or more to the point charged for the vehicles with the 'free plate' attached to it :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 pm 

blackpool wrote:
but the 30 grand your way of the mark even for the plate x

So they haven't dropped that far then? Yet. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:40 pm 

charles007 wrote:
I have a spell checker hardley used, never needed it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:25 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
blackpool wrote:
but the 30 grand your way of the mark even for the plate x

So they haven't dropped that far then? Yet. :lol:

Told you before never discuss prices or wages myself , but why all the interest if there worth nothing :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:39 am 

Hello everyone
Worked the weekend
Friday night was quiet but got busier after 11 till the clubs all closed still good
But last night I was amazed as I stayed at the train station and all I did was 5 bicester fares 1 swindon and about 5-6 local fares bicester we agreed on £30 swindon £60 and the rest were £4-10 fares
I did £240+ in a 8hour shift and wasnt even busy as each time got back to the station the next train was already there.
trade is good if the fares are like that most drivers said its not busy but you'll do averagly 2 £5-10 rank fares a hour + your radio fares averag 1 hourly and most mornings you'll get flag downs aswell yet still its not as busy like you'll always have cars on rank soon as one gets a fare hell radio throu for a car to come rank.
Good level of service
The local customers I picked up really agreed that oxford cabbies are well prepared and care for the trade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next