Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: benefits?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:29 am 

I have no problem with plate holders wishing to keep their premiums, however it would be nice if they show some honesty in their interests. I always muse at the people that advocate "protectionism" for their premium, yet berate the same protectionism when it is evident in other areas of Corporations, economics and politics.

If you are to be hypocritical, just admit it. Rather than defending the indefensible. :wink:

One wonders how happy premium plate holders would be if they had to wait weeks to get their heating back on because gas engineer numbers were council restricted. Yet not so long ago when trade was booming that's exactly how their customers felt, sometimes waiting on ranks for hours, while premium plate holders were happy to block ANY plates being issued.

Hypocritical, admit and move on :lol:

Post subject: Re: benefits?2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:45 am 

okkayy sussex you tell me someone who owns in a restricted area and wants deregulations
We people who own in deregulations wanted a job so we could provide for our familys and me I don't like the PH never was a biggg fan of them so I decided to join hackney well in oxford the plates are restricted which means I had to buy a cab of an existing owner
I paid a premium so i could do a job and provide for my family yes i took a big risk yes but all I wanted to do was provide for my family give them a good life
Atm im earning a good wage but that could be tooken away as of deregulations
So you tell me wouldn't you want the best for your family?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 am 

Jack, I feel for you.

However Deregulation is not the disaster that you make it out to be and Regulation is not a Trip to the Elysian Fields.

In many Regulated Areas, most of the Plates are owned by Companies who, either let them out at penurious Rates, or pay their drivers at below the National Minimum Wage because they can say to the Authorities that the Driver's Tips take the Pay over that NMW.

There are any number of complaints from both sides of the fence and, in my opinion, it would take Solomon to say which is the better system.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:05 pm 

jack351 wrote:
sussex you tell me someone who owns in a restricted area and wants deregulations

Me...twice.. :D
We have been restricted twice since I got my plate, and that might be three times soon.

Jack, you paid an arm and two legs for your plate, a gamble you chose to take.
You should have been well aware that your money was at risk. Just like buying a corner shop, there's always the risk that tesco will open a branch down the road.
The thought of loosing your investment has you sh*tting yourself and it's clouding your thinking.

Quote:
Bear with me here DEREGULATIONS is the worst thing ever e.g. Anyone can enter the trade look at PH anyone can get PH plate as they are not restricted and look how many rapes, sexual assaults, crime happens in them as its easy for people who want to use that to commit crimes but if HC is restricted its hard for criminals to enter that trade as its not easy as purchasing a vehicle licensing it and done they can now commit crimes

How the f*ck do you conclude that rapists are more likely in a delimited trade?
Do only poor drivers commit rapes? Do rapists only rape when the cab is their own? FFS :roll:
Do thieves not drive other people's cabs?

The arguments you put forward are sh*te.
You're making it up in a pathetic attempt to protect your risky investment. [-X

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:34 pm 

jack351 wrote:
okkayy sussex you tell me someone who owns in a restricted area and wants deregulations

Me [-(

Quote:
We people who own in deregulations wanted a job so we could provide for our familys and me I don't like the PH never was a biggg fan of them so I decided to join hackney well in oxford the plates are restricted which means I had to buy a cab of an existing owner
I paid a premium so i could do a job and provide for my family yes i took a big risk yes but all I wanted to do was provide for my family give them a good life
Atm im earning a good wage but that could be tooken away as of deregulations
So you tell me wouldn't you want the best for your family?

I'm alright, Jack. 351. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:38 pm 

jack351 wrote:
Quote:
Deregulated area no 2nd 3rd shift drivers one owner who drives his vehicle who starts friday saturday morning 6am you think hell be available at 4am 5am friday saturday night no hell be tucked in bed sleeping to wake up for his 6am shift

In another post you're claming that the taxis are only available a couple of hours or so less in derestricted areas.

So what you seem to be saying is that drivers in derestricted areas are working from around 6am to around 2am. And the PH trade is the same presumably?

I'm an owner driver in a singled car yet I'm rarely asleep by about 6am, never mind starting to work. #-o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:46 pm 

jack351 wrote:
Anyone can enter the trade look at PH anyone can get PH plate as they are not restricted and look how many rapes, sexual assaults, crime happens in them as its easy for people who want to use that to commit crimes but if HC is restricted its hard for criminals to enter that trade as its not easy as purchasing a vehicle licensing it and done they can now commit crimes.

So you're saying that all these second and third drivers in restricted aeas are criminals? :shock:

Or since in the likes of Liverpool most of the owners don't drive the drivers are mostly criminals? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:50 pm 

jack351 wrote:
Limited area 1st driver starts 6am when finished his shift 2nd shift driver will come on road and seeing he needs to make a wage hel still be on road after midnight even during the week when quiet even if after midnight during week his doing 1-2 fares a houre he will still stay on as those 1-2 fares a houre will make up his wage so as you see it deregulations isn't good after all

Well if what you say is true then that'll be to make up his inflated rental?

And you're worried about families and family life?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:21 pm 

so you own a hackney in a restricted area and you want to deregulate that cap?
Guessing you didnt pay a plate premium did you guess not
Well guys everyone has there opinions and my opinion with me paying a premium I don't want to loose that premium so I don't want deregulations
that's me opinion were all entitled to an opinion
Heyy guys at the end of the day where all taxI drivers looking for a way to keep the trade going and make a living.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm 

What benifits are you claiming as well as your taxi takings :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:08 pm 

tcabbie wrote:
What benifits are you claiming as well as your taxi takings :shock:

Funny :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:15 pm 

jack351 wrote:

Well you're right on that point.

But it would be a bit silly to pay for a plate and then start a campaign to make it worthless.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:17 pm 

jack351 wrote:
Well guys everyone has there opinions and my opinion with me paying a premium I don't want to loose that premium so I don't want deregulations
that's me opinion were all entitled to an opinion
Heyy guys at the end of the day where all taxI drivers looking for a way to keep the trade going and make a living.

Well my opinion is that your opinion won't be worth tuppence to the people who make the decisions.
If they do delimit the whole trade, your £100k punt will not be an issue.
Drivers living off tax credits will bother them more. The country is skint if you haven't noticed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:13 pm 

jack351 wrote:

The Bin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:22 pm 

Sussex wrote:
jack351 wrote:

The Bin.

Says it all really :wink: