Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:05 pm 

But clearly we are not. :sad:

Many of us out here managed to get our responses in by the 10th September, on the basis that that was the final day for submissions.

However we have since been made aware that some people have been granted and extension for their submissions.

Were those extensions granted to the one man bands out here, or maybe the reps for small associations of drivers, oh no. :sad:

They have been granted to the so-called big boys of the trade, the ones that tell us they have huge back ups for us (at a price) should we need it. :sad:

So a big thumbs down to the LC for not treating the little man on an equal basis to the so-called big people. :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:50 pm 

Sussex wrote:
But clearly we are not. :sad:

Many of us out here managed to get our responses in by the 10th September, on the basis that that was the final day for submissions.

However we have since been made aware that some people have been granted and extension for their submissions.

Were those extensions granted to the one man bands out here, or maybe the reps for small associations of drivers, oh no. :sad:

They have been granted to the so-called big boys of the trade, the ones that tell us they have huge back ups for us (at a price) should we need it. :sad:

So a big thumbs down to the LC for not treating the little man on an equal basis to the so-called big people. :sad:

The NTA obtained an extension until 30th September; apparently someone pointed out their view the response may be unconstitutional :oops: , if the extension wasnt given, the response would have been submitted on the Friday before the 10th September

I understand the NPHA are collating evidence, which I think the LC want to see; I have no issue with that.

I concur with Sussex in respect of the others - they are full time organisations and there is little excuse - however, bearing in mind I dont think the responses will make one iota of difference - part of me thinks the LC aint gonna read them anyway because its a faite accompli.

Shame really, mines got serial killers in it. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:08 pm 

captain cab wrote:

Mine has got some lovely quotes which I hope will make the defense of certain proposals a little more easier to the uninitiated. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:10 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Mine has got some lovely quotes which I hope will make the defense of certain proposals a little more easier to the uninitiated. :D

But no serial killers? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Well I think that if the LC do read the responses they will only be interested in the facts, I don't think they care much for what people say or said they are more interested in what they did or what happened when they did it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 pm 

toots wrote:
Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Well I think that if the LC do read the responses they will only be interested in the facts, I don't think they care much for what people say or said they are more interested in what they did or what happened when they did it

yeah, mine mentions baseball bats too :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm 

toots wrote:

They will use what they can, when they want, to give credence to any final view they take.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:33 pm 

captain cab wrote:
yeah, mine mentions baseball bats too :lol:

and red dwarf.....smegheads :lol: