Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm 

Except it's a Labour desire to start with Mr Trot, these plans pre date the Tories being in office, they may no longer oppose it but it was always a free for all under Labour and a preserve quality under Tory rule, it job to know now anyway they all should start a new party called the extremely wealthy old boys party and return the old 3 back to the people who set them up originally.

This world has changed now, there is now a class of person whose positioned themselves in all the power positions and I mean this is across the world not just UK, and they are simply on a similar vein as the Robin Hood story, they don't care about anything other than themselves, one thing they forget is this becomes like a cartel and cartel reaches the point where they kill each other to become top dog, I think it's already happened here in a way with mystery deaths of ministers while out walking their dogs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:53 pm 

terracresta007 wrote:
Delimitation/deregulation does not work, look at the buses, trains, and above all banks, all been subsidised and still they fail ,they make massive gains for greedy bankers, share holders, and when the profits been sucked dry the goverment pick up the costs over and over again.

So the London taxi trade doesn't work properly? :?

And in respect of the trains you would much rather go back to good old BR? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 pm 

Sussex wrote:
terracresta007 wrote:
Delimitation/deregulation does not work, look at the buses, trains, and above all banks, all been subsidised and still they fail ,they make massive gains for greedy bankers, share holders, and when the profits been sucked dry the goverment pick up the costs over and over again.

And in respect of the trains you would much rather go back to good old BR? :lol:

London has a slightly bigger population than the rest of us and they choose to restrict by the knowlede,i know quite a few drivers who are yellow badge in the suburbs and they would like a cap on taxi licences.As for Privatisation of the railways,you really think its better know ? Fares rise more than inflation for a second rate service,its run for the profits of the fat cats not the public

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 pm 

Train is good example of corruption, Mr Branson prove this and now all the rats who thought nothing would be said are in fear because he has shown facts to show the bid by the other's was simply pushed through because someone wanted them to have it and not Mr Branson, Mr Branson has set a precedent here with this, he be first man to take it to Goliath and knock giant over.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 pm 

Tico wrote:
Train is good example of corruption.

It suggests the DfT havent got a clue....or were manipulating the situation......I wonder if it runs deep in other departments of the DFT?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:28 am 

captain cab wrote:
Tico wrote:
Train is good example of corruption.

It suggests the DfT havent got a clue....or were manipulating the situation......I wonder if it runs deep in other departments of the DFT?

I'm sure It'll run deep in all Government departments and quango's...There's a lot of "Old School tie", "Palms Greased with Silver" and Expensive freebie/Perks/Jolly's going about unnoticed..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 am 

blackpool wrote:
London has a slightly bigger population than the rest of us and they choose to restrict by the knowlede,i know quite a few drivers who are yellow badge in the suburbs and they would like a cap on taxi licences.As for Privatisation of the railways,you really think its better know ? Fares rise more than inflation for a second rate service,its run for the profits of the fat cats not the public

So its an issue about population/entry criteria rather than delimitation?

And if you think the trains ran better under BR then I will add nothing further on that point. ](*,)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:14 am 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:

And if you think the trains ran better under BR then I will add nothing further on that point. ](*,)

If you think the trains are running better,i.e value for money or would that be profits for the owners ? Whilst we watch the fares soaring.You really should stop banging your head x Same as most things do you see us paying less or getting value for money with the utility firms for gas or electric ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 am 

blackpool wrote:
Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:

If you think the trains are running better,i.e value for money or would that be profits for the owners ? Whilst we watch the fares soaring.You really should stop banging your head x Same as most things do you see us paying less or getting value for money with the utility firms for gas or electric ?

blackpool take no notice of sussex hes winding you up he knows full well that a Nationalised Rail Operation would be cheaper and more reliable for the users the same with power company their all crooks re nationalise them now!!!!!!!!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:34 pm 

We are subsidising our rail network with massive amounts of money,much more than when the thing was in state hands – and ticket prices are one of the highest in europe. He doesnt wind me up mate he amuses me with his blinkered tory view :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 pm 

blackpool wrote:
We are subsidising our rail network with massive amounts of money,much more than when the thing was in state hands – and ticket prices are one of the highest in europe. He doesnt wind me up mate he amuses me with his blinkered tory view :D

Its a wind up you watch his posts never anything more 2 or 3 lines to divert the debate:

anyway the issue here is DEREGULATION and the solution take control of the Council in NUL which I believe is already Labour it would only take 30 minutes for the reps of a Unionised Cab trade in the town to convince the councillors of the error of their ways [ its called a survival technique] and thats that one sorted WE dont finance Labour councillors for the fun of it we do it to ensure they follow the VIEWS and POLICIES of our membership and its easier locally than Nationally, I thought meetings were underway???????????? :?: :?: :?: :?:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 pm 

Sussex wrote:
terracresta007 wrote:

the london taxi trade works by way of knowledge and driver and vehicle conditions there is also 100000000 people to service plus the millions of tourists each year

if good old BR had todays technology it would be a peice of cake , thomas the tank good manage , take away todays technology and you would return to caos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 pm 

terracresta007 wrote:
the london taxi trade works by way of knowledge and driver and vehicle conditions there is also 100000000 people to service plus the millions of tourists each year

So it is all down to entry creteria and population, not the blunt one fits all issue of delimitation?

terracresta007 wrote:
if good old BR had todays technology it would be a peice of cake , thomas the tank good manage , take away todays technology and you would return to caos

There was nothing good about old BR, especially if you was a punter.

Tell me why I can buy tickets (albeit in advance) cheaper now than 20 years ago?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:43 pm 

Sussex wrote:
terracresta007 wrote:

So it is all down to entry creteria and population, not the blunt one fits all issue of delimitation?

terracresta007 wrote:

There was nothing good about old BR, especially if you was a punter.

Tell me why I can buy tickets (albeit in advance) cheaper now than 20 years ago?

Because its so heavily subsidised,the railway subsidy is about four times higher under a privatised system than it was in the days of BR.You can also buy those cheap clothes you wear cheaper than twenty years ago,doesnt mean to say there any good .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7