Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:33 am 

:) No, that´s just the fish-eye-mode on my cam. But it does indeed enhance the egg-shape of that Mercedes B-class model nicely!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:30 am 
Jochen Lembke wrote:
Sure I am German, I just got near 5 Euro´s tip for slagging off the Brits in front of a group of Arabs with UK-background, stubborn and head-strong they´d be. Oh yeah, he said and gave me a tenner for a 5.60 fare. :mrgreen:

Pics made today.
Look at these rolling Easter-eggs, just the bow missing. :D

So we're all a bunch of **** s now then just because the UK laws didn't bend to suit you then?

I just lost all and any respect I had for you mate, typical live there and refuse to integrate type, wherever you are now please stay there, your attitude just fuels racial hatred tbh, such poor form imo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:23 pm 

What has bitten you, Doom, you were open for a little friendly banter before?

I thought the English to be rather stubborn before I left the UK again and that didn´t keep me from missing them. Don´t expect, especially after what happened on the B&H forum, that all this has changed my mind!

We have a lot of English students in Germany lately, especially those who don´t have parents like that cabinet of millionaires - do you think I expect them to be like docile pups? C´mon!

I already told you, a UK-guy can renew his cab-licence in Germany with a UK-driving licence, I have checked on that. So, make up your mind whether to stay in the EU or not, have a poll about that. If you don´t want to, fine, if you do, then behave like a member of the EU.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:38 pm 
Jochen Lembke wrote:
What has bitten you, Doom, you were open for a little friendly banter before?

I thought the English to be rather stubborn before I left the UK again and that didn´t keep me from missing them. Don´t expect, especially after what happened on the B&H forum, that all this has changed my mind!

We have a lot of English students in Germany lately, especially those who don´t have parents like that cabinet of millionaires - do you think I expect them to be like docile pups? C´mon!

I already told you, a UK-guy can renew his cab-licence in Germany with a UK-driving licence, I have checked on that. So, make up your mind whether to stay in the EU or not, have a poll about that. If you don´t want to, fine, if you do, then behave like a member of the EU.

I am, but when you post anti British things like that it makes me think otherwise of your good self, an Arab is about as fickle as they come anyway so he'll probably be giving you and Germany a dig five minutes later anyway,

But don't be sour grapes about it all just because you didn't get to bend the rules [-(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 pm 

There is no anti British with me nor will there ever be, Doom. England will always be a part of me, Brighton will always be a part of me. You will always be in my heart, no matter what will come and I will always care for you. My father was forced to shoot at people with a machine-gun, I am an ambassador of peace and understanding - for this I am blessed enough, whatever the outcomes of this comparatively small struggle may be.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:41 am 
Jochen Lembke wrote:
There is no anti British with me nor will there ever be, Doom. England will always be a part of me, Brighton will always be a part of me. You will always be in my heart, no matter what will come and I will always care for you. My father was forced to shoot at people with a machine-gun, I am an ambassador of peace and understanding - for this I am blessed enough, whatever the outcomes of this comparatively small struggle may be.

It didn't read that way originally J, I know all about your dad, I long ago worked it out that you either became a soldier or got shot by one back then, we'll let that be the last of it then, peace.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:55 am 

Yeah, I know, the numpties put that on the list why I´d not be a fit and proper person, but I can only say that this has opened my eyes wide for injustice of any kind and that I will never let it out on any one the way my father had let it out on me. Others who had it always cozy in their lives may just sit back and take it, but "wherever there´s injustice I had always believed in fighting" and what´s not fit and proper is that law. But just like the man I am quoting, I am only fighting for peace. The main reason for all the fighting in the word is injustice. We want a better world, we have to fight for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm 

One for the numpties and their list!

What? I´d be not a fit and proper person? Well, I show you fit and proper, baby!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:42 pm 
I've a feeling that picture may well make it onto the rank notice board poles pretty soon.

Are you giving that model cab a loving or a focking?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:46 am 

Well, no such reactions on the German forum yet and let´s just wait and see how the others will react to that, shall we. :wink: After all, we´re all Europeans, right? :D

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:19 pm 

Dear numpties from B&H cab forum, you are certainly right I´d not be a fit and proper person and that I have an imbalanced, what was it, lifestyle? See, I´m even to stupid to remember it properly or to ignorant to look it up again. Anyway, instead of being a proper chap who takes a rifle and goes and shoots people, like it seems to get more an more à la mode, I have now finished translating this book below, written by one of these strange pacifists and lefties. Don´t know what the world is coming to with all these damn lefties and pacifists! So, keep spreading the word, this man Jochen Lembke is not to be trusted! I do see it myself now!

http://davidswanson.org/outlawry

When the World Outlawed War — In German By davidswanson - Posted on 05 August 2012
When the World Outlawed War has been translated into German. Now we need a German publisher.

About the translator: Jochen Lembke, Europe´s cab-driving writer

Born ´61 in Germany, finished school with the Abitur, did studies in politics and medicine and a vocational training as a masseur. Drove a cab in four cities, in three countries, France will be next. Began writing in 2001, written 6 books, translated 5, (not counting this one) one of which was a yet unauthorized version to the Hitch-Hiker´s Guide to the Galaxy, first written in German.

Wants to dedicate his ongoing cab-world-record to the unification of cab-drivers in Europe or world-wide for a better image and working conditions and of course to peace and collaboration in Europe and elsewhere.

“I had always been against war. My father had been dragged to the Eastern Front in 1943, put in a uniform and been told to shoot or die. After that, he spent two years in a prisoner camp near Leningrad, where he had been only released, because it looked he was going to die anyway. I have been a conscious objector and did not do military service, although there was a general conscription in Germany at the time. I was born and raised in Heilbronn, a town in the south of Germany, which was surrounded by three huge American army installations, 10.000 US-soldiers plus dependents in the town. When I was a kid, I was sent to a youth camp on the Waldheide, above town, just a few hundred meters away from one of Europe´s biggest Pershing II facilities and I grew up in the knowledge that if there would be a nuclear war it would go fast, for we are one of the biggest targets for the Soviets.

When I was a cab-driver in Heilbronn, in `85, half of my customers were Americans, most of the time in uniform, from one barrack to another. Two good episodes about that: it could happen, when you asked questions about the barracks just out of curiosity and to have a little chit-chat, you´d be taken as a spy and then that one time, when a soldier left his “Pershing II manual” in my cab and I just sat there and waited till he returned and grabbed it, in a mixture of annoyed embarrassment.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:35 pm 

Hi, everybody!
How my campaign is going?

Well, I have decided that to keep on going with my plans as intended is not only best for me, but also for this campaign. The more I actually progress with more countries, the more attention I will get with this one here, which is what I need anyway, to make a difference.

So, about that I am well in my schedule for Colmar, France, I have spent a lot of time training my French and Colmar-road-knowledge. In terms of requirements I had already made sure that I can dispense with 2 of the 4 steps to the licence required, by being in possession of a valid EU-cab-licence and a note by a former employer, proving two years working-practise, at least.

This week I had acquired a "certificat médicale" (medical exam) by just making an appointment and hopping over the border on my bike the same day. I don´t even have to have a French address, I just used my German one, for this is Europe, my friends!
Next is a certificate in first aid and then the application at the office.

So, I will keep you posted with my Countdown to Colmar!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 am 

Where I am with France at the moment:

To enroll for the exam next April you basically need a medical certificate, which I got weeks ago and a course in first-aid. The latter I finished last week, it was nine hours in three parts and it took place (I just booked the next one possible) in Soultz-Haut-Rhin, some 110 k´s away from Freiburg, where I am at at the moment.

You´ll particularly love that part, that I did a last minute call, to see if I could still participate, on Friday, which was ok, and then, because I was on shift the next day Saturday and don´t have a car anyway I just grabbed the cab and drove there in the morning, just wrote down a fare to Mulhouse airport (Soultz is not far away from there actually).

So, while I was in the course, my nice red German Easter egg-cab (as already shown here) waited for me on a parking space of a gym in Alsace, France! (For the next two times I took my brothers car and had to return Friday night at 11.30 am and leave again for France the next day at 7 in the morning!)

Anyway, though it is amazing how fast French can be spoken I passed the course and went yesterday to the office in Colmar (which is just a counter in the prefecture) to hand in my documents and to enroll.

In general, in France everything is very centralist and Paris-oriented, so throughout the nation the cab-exams are just once a year, mostly in April (some are in autumn) and nationwide divided in four parts, two of which are national parts and part 3 and 4 are regional.

So, you only need to take part 3 and 4 when you already hold a licence of another French town. And! Now here´s the truly amazing part, that goes too if you in fact hold a licence from another EU-country and show proof of a least two years employment (a statement of your employer will do here)! Just let this sink in!

So, I did, I casually showed them, to their amazement and delight, licences of three countries already and a letter from an employer in Freiburg, translated into French by me (and the medical and first-aid certificate)!

Now here is the part, where it gets really exciting!

Back then they told me I even could enroll for the exam with a German driving licence and so I did, I laid on the table my German driving licence! Get a hold of that!

Now, sadly, we all know about my troubles about renewing my licence in Brighton, erm, don´t we, and that a UK-driving licence is required. To this I have already mentioned here that in Germany for a renewal, other than in Brighton, a foreign driving licence would do, yet for a complete new application a national licence actually is required.

Now, here I am at the counter of “HCO” in France and lay on the table for a complete new application a national (German) driving licence and a German address, I just want to get this point through!

So, what will happen now, will I get through with this, bold, action? Will the French in the end be more European than the Germans?

Well, all I can say at this moment is that she will make an inquiry at the ministry! (In Paris, I guess) So, stay tuned for further information, as soon as I know I will know I will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:24 am 

Quote:
which I got weeks ago and a course in first-aid. The latter I finished last week, it was nine hours in three parts

Either its a comprehensive course on 1st aid or the French are slow learners..mine was 3 hours in total...

Dunno If I'd want to try and resuscitate anyone anyhow...might just get sued for millions if it goes belly up. :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:18 pm 

Well, the way you see the French might be a thing of the past, Bloodnock.

I think the times of savoir vivre and leave the fighting against the Germans to the English and Americans are long gone - I have met quite a few rather hectic and stressed out French and just think of the suicide wave at Renault, or was it Peugeot, anyway those workers are being quite mobbed to work like mad!

Anyway, what you mentioned, the three hours, would be labeled as immediate measures on the scene of an accident, in Germany, first-aid there is also something like 8-12 hours. And I have to say the course I did in France was much more intense and packed, for resuscitation we even had three inflatable dummies to work with, baby, infant and adult and they really kept us busy!

The only thing is that it was more an education for civil protection instead what you need to do at a road-accident, there was no such thing like make sure the engine is turned of before you begin dragging the victim out of the car, instead we had things like what to do when someone chokes on something...

Yet, you´re right about the legal problems, the thing is actually quite contradictory in terms of that you are obliged to give help in case of an accident, still, if you´ve never have learnt CPR no one can expect you to give it - yet if you are registered with having attended such a course you are liable to be sued when doing it wrong...

Well, that´s how it is with lots of regulations, isn´t it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next