Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Batter together?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:15 am 

MP Eric Joyce arrested after reports of Parliament bar disturbance

MP Eric Joyce has been arrested after reports of a disturbance in a bar at the Houses of Parliament.

The independent MP for Falkirk was detained after an incident at the Sports and Social Club bar.

The Metropolitan Police said officers had been called just before 22:30 GMT, and the arrested man "remains in custody and inquiries continue".

Joyce, 52, was convicted of assault in a parliamentary bar last year, and later resigned from the Labour Party.

In a statement on Thursday night, a Met police spokesman said: "Police were called shortly before 10.30pm this evening to reports of a disturbance at a bar within the House of Commons.

"Officers attended and a man aged in his 50s was arrested in connection with this incident. He remains in custody and inquiries continue."
Pub ban

The Sports and Social Club was said to be packed for its regular karaoke night at the time of the incident.

Following the fracas in February last year, the former soldier announced he would not seek re-election in 2015.

After admitting four counts of assault, Joyce was given a 12-month community order in March that included a Friday-to-Sunday curfew and a three-month pub ban. He was fined £3,000 and ordered to pay £1,400 in compensation to his victims.

During the brawl in the Strangers' Bar, Joyce headbutted Tory MP Stuart Andrew and attacked three other politicians.

While offering an apology in the Commons over the incident, Joyce said: "Clearly I have a number of personal issues to address, and you can be assured that this will take place."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21796157

Post subject: Re: Batter together?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:09 pm 

He nutted 3 Tory's =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> good on yer son.

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:22 pm 

Got chucked oot the liebour party for his trouble last time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 pm 

gusmac wrote:

never mind we will get him back :D who does he remind you of ...............Cabby john :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :lol: :lol:

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 pm 

gusmac wrote:

I thought he resigned!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:03 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
So he's a former soldier therefore more predisposed to violence as a result of his experiences according to the news today

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 pm 

edders23 wrote:
So he's a former soldier therefore more predisposed to violence as a result of his experiences according to the news today

As a teenager I was in the Army cadets. Does that count as an excuse for violence?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:36 pm 

grandad wrote:
As a teenager I was in the Army cadets. Does that count as an excuse for violence?

they had cadets training for the Zulu wars? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:39 pm 

grandad wrote:
gusmac wrote:

I thought he resigned!

Fell or got pushed, same thing in politics.
Real resignation would mean a bye election, which his BT cronies really don't want. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 pm 

Eric Joyce Staffer Martin Brown Knocked Woman to Ground

MP Reacted Angrily When Told His Friend Arrested

Guido has spoken to witnesses about last night’s fracas, this is what he has pieced together from various accounts.

At about 10.15 pm last night Eric Joyce’s researcher Martin Brown (pictured on the right above) exchanged words with Louise (an MP’s researcher, whose surname is known to Guido) outside the Sports and Social in the area where people smoke in the Commons Inner Court. In the ensuing altercation Louise was knocked to the ground – allegedly by a punch.

Alex Cruz Vidal (pictured, right), a researcher for deputy speaker Nigel Evans, intervened to protect Louise and restrain Martin Brown by wrestling him to the ground and sitting on him. The administrator of the Sports & Social came out and with Alex’s help manhandled a shocked Martin Brown into the bar’s little cupboard sized office and locked him inside until the police arrived. Police came to arrest Brown and Eric Joyce showed up shouting at the cops.

Joyce – who had already been involved in some argie-bargie in the Sports and Social earlier that night – is said to have arrived at the scene and reacted angrily to being told by a copper that his staffer was being arrested – he pushed the copper, who came back to restrain him, where upon Joycey threw a punch at the copper. At this point another copper joined in to restrain him, resulting in the Honourable Member for Falkirk ending up on the floor being handcuffed before being taken away into the back of a police van.

By this time there was a large crowd and around a dozen policemen outside the Sports & Social – including PoliticsHome’s Tony Grew – who only saw the second altercation involving Joyce not the original altercation involving Martin Brown that kicked the whole thing off. Police closed the Sports & Social and the Strangers Bar early…

Police have this morning contacted those witnesses who had their names taken last night, to tell them they will be required to give full statements in due course. Charges will almost certainly follow…

Coincidentally Joyce’s 12-month community order for his last brawl expired six days ago. Two things that are clearly reinforced by this brawl; we need to end the obscene taxpayer subsidy that means the Commons bars are the cheapest pubs in Central London, secondly we need a real power of MPs’ recall. As we were promised by the coalition parties after the expenses scandal…

http://order-order.com/2013/03/15/eric- ... to-ground/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:28 pm 

Quote:
While offering an apology in the Commons over the incident, Joyce said: "Clearly I have a number of personal issues to address, and you can be assured that this will take place."

Under his breath, I will get the rest of them one by one :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:35 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
gusmac wrote:

never mind we will get him back :D who does he remind you of ...............Cabby john :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :lol: :lol:

A very difficult request for you Trots................any chance of you growing up?

Just for the record - I can control my temper with the exceptions of Thatcher, Blair & Brown. As for head butting anyone, it is the action of a coward.....................and you condone that #-o

Learn something else - violence solves nothing, with the BNP being living proof of that. Unfortunately in our time of need for a real leader to put right the wrongs , we have you #-o Your qualifications, with you really being so old hat, with no answers, or originality, are letting you down big time, however we do need a resident entertainer - I guess you fit the bill................my little side show :D

"Trots & Chunky Mark" being the new "Morecambe and Wise" of our time, the tears of laughter are once again starting to flow. So keep it up Trots, as yet, not really funny - but you do have entertainment value.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:40 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

you wore khaki shorts?

oh dear, never mind, sing up Lofty boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:35 pm 

If he likes nutting Tory's it safe to assume he aint Welsh or at least he aint cabby John :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE