Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:27 pm 

C´mon, Sussex, we had this discussion before!

It´s no use to get in lost in details. Technically it expired, yes, and one of their points is "why didn´t you ask us when it was time for a renewal, maybe we could have done something then", but I´m sorry this is just an excuse, for I´m sure they wouldn´t have acted any different. If they were willing to make an exception back then they could have done it, when I asked them about one in September ´11, too. But they weren´t and they wouldn´t have told me anything else in May ´10 when it expired. So, matter-of-factly they took it.

Let´s go back to rules for all or better rules that include all!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:03 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Jochen Lembke wrote:
These people that took my licence for which I have worked really, really hard have no right to do so!

Did they take your license, or did it run it's course and you didn't renew it?

Though he Cant admit to it straight out that's whats happened....

Quote:
It´s no use to get in lost in details. Technically it expired, yes,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:50 pm 

Feel free to address me directly, Bloodnock.

I mean, why is it always that small people go after other small people, not banksters? Especially cab-drivers. We fight over fares and passengers and pocket money, while those [edited by admin] take it all.

Well, it´s not just about me! Let me tell you something. If overnight celestial peace and justice would rain down on earth, on the sole condition that a Mr. Jochen Lembke from Germany renews his Brighton licence, I´d gladly do it.

Yet right until then I will carry on pointing out injustice where it directly concerns me and, rest assured, I don´t let my anger out on the British, Germans get there fair share of it, too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:04 pm 

Jochen Lembke wrote:
Feel free to address me directly, Bloodnock.

I mean, why is it always that small people go after other small people, not banksters? Especially cab-drivers. We fight over fares and passengers and pocket money, while those [edited by admin] take it all.

Well, it´s not just about me! Let me tell you something. If overnight celestial peace and justice would rain down on earth, on the sole condition that a Mr. Jochen Lembke from Germany renews his Brighton licence, I´d gladly do it.

Yet right until then I will carry on pointing out injustice where it directly concerns me and, rest assured, I don´t let my anger out on the British, Germans get there fair share of it, too.

:doubt: :roll: #-o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:16 pm 

Jochen, Bloodnock thinks you're just another johnny foreigner type, wanting to sponge what you can from his Sceptred Isle :shock:
The root cause of all Britannia's woes - along with his ungrateful, rebellious Scots bretheren.

He's read all about your sort in the Daily Mail, so it must be true. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:25 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Jochen, Bloodnock thinks you're just another johnny foreigner type, wanting to sponge what you can from his Sceptred Isle :shock:
The root cause of all Britannia's woes - along with his ungrateful, rebellious Scots bretheren.

He's read all about your sort in the Daily Mail, so it must be true. :lol:

Screw the Daily Mail...I'm just fed up of this never ending monologue.

If You forget or chose not to renew your licence then don't go about telling people some else took it away from you and then wonder why you cant get it back.. :roll:

That goes for anyone...regardless of where he or she may come from.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm 

Jochen Lembke wrote:
C´mon, Sussex, we had this discussion before!

Indeed, which is why I wanted to remind everyone.

Your licensed elapsed, it wasn't renewed in time, therefore the council did not take it away from you.

Now I'm not saying you don't have reason to moan, but let's be truthful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:38 am 

Guys, a word in general. I thank TDO for letting me have a platform for this fight, but as we all can see this thread is being regarded, I don´t fake the counts here and the attention this draws it does for TDO too. If you don´t want to read about it, Bloodnock, you don´t have to.

Now I will send an email today to HCO and will let them know that I will keep on with this fight until I get my licence back or everybody plays by the rules.

That I terribly miss Brighton and those British imperialists, Gusmac, as I do this job, that this is like the home I can´t return to, but that I am a writer and a bit of a political activist too and that this is all but the beginning, so far there is not even the media involved, but they will at some point, (especially when you think about my "Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy"-sequel thing, which is something quite similar.)

It´s up to you, guys, you can think this is just some loony or you can see something in there for yourselves and feel that sense for persistence strengthened in you. This is my message to HCO, sometimes it is better to make an exception at the right time! Or, better watch out who you p... off!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 am 

Jochen Lembke wrote:
Guys, a word in general. I thank TDO for letting me have a platform for this fight, but as we all can see this thread is being regarded, I don´t fake the counts here and the attention this draws it does for TDO too. If you don´t want to read about it, Bloodnock, you don´t have to.

Now I will send an email today to HCO and will let them know that I will keep on with this fight until I get my licence back or everybody plays by the rules.

That I terribly miss Brighton and those British imperialists, Gusmac, as I do this job, that this is like the home I can´t return to, but that I am a writer and a bit of a political activist too and that this is all but the beginning, so far there is not even the media involved, but they will at some point, (especially when you think about my "Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy"-sequel thing, which is something quite similar.)

It´s up to you, guys, you can think this is just some loony or you can see something in there for yourselves and feel that sense for persistence strengthened in you. This is my message to HCO, sometimes it is better to make an exception at the right time! Or, better watch out who you p... off!

Put a sock in it, your just full of your self. #-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:13 am 

Satisfied?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:41 pm 

Look, I know it is too much asked that someone actually speaks out for myself and I´m happy the way it is at least on the forum.

It´s just that being full of oneself actually helps to achieve goals which are a little higher than just being a cab-driver and on the other side I often get remarks like what does he think he knows, he´s just a cab-driver. So basically I can´t win whatever I do.

Moreover we know that cabbies hate bankers and politicians, but the one thing that gets them truly mad is another driver who thinks he´s something special. (Which is one of the reasons this trade is so much off-track, because no one listens to people with good ideas.)

And last but not least, as much as I might be full of myself it is nothing compared to the ego of Our Great Leader To World Peace David Swanson to him I was nothing but another useful idiot willing to do his scut-work, praised be his name.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 pm 

Jochen Lembke wrote:
Satisfied?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:06 am 

A hotel manager from Tenerife told me that tourists from other countries generally go about things a bit more elegantly. For instance, if they want to upgrade to a better room, the Italians will compliment the hotel staff and smile, while the Swiss often cite health problems as a reason for needing an upgrade. Germans, on the other hand, don't beat around the bush and simply say, 'If you don't change this, I'm going to sue you.'

Dumb German! Let´s do it the slick and smooth Italian way!
Let´s make them an offer they can´t refuse!

Alright-e, B&H, you´re citta, you´re city is-e so bella, alright-e? So why don t you let me wet-e my beak a little? I´m-e only asking- e for a small favour-e don´t I? So, you´re not-e taking away my livelyhood-e? For this-e would only make me roam the streets and have-e dumb ideas, right-e?
Ah si! Now you molto capici, que belissima!

So, don´t make me go call for help from my friends, the European Federal Party, which I have become a member of, for this is exactly the thing they are looking for!

http://federalistparty.eu/

http://federalistparty.eu/our-positions/our-political-programme/

translated by me into German:

http://jochenlembke.wordpress.com/european-federalist-partyeuropaische-foderalistische-partei/

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:11 pm 

Britain's richest people are wealthier than ever before, with a combined fortune of almost £520bn, according to the Sunday Times Rich List. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27459621
Well, am I glad that my British colleagues have done so well, for cab-business is a bit slower in Germany these days and unknown German writers... well, no need to elaborate this any further, so I am ashamed for not being as clever and smart as the people on the Rich List - I am still on my debts of 30.000 Euros.
Well, then it´s sure good anyway to have a government that does so nicely look out for one´s interests, isn´t it, even when you are just a resident from a foreign Country!
Why, they said I can live on JSA while going through the whole process of getting a new licence, didn´t they! Oh, I think this is so nice of the HCO!
So, I´ll just jump to that and in no time it´s me, who´ll be the richest man in the UK!
Happy, happy, happy! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:16 pm 

As a true European I congratulate Britain to the Ukip and it´s success.

For this party points out clearly where lies the deficits of European and global unification. It is not too fast, but it is in complete neglect of what ordinary, plain people ask for, it is all about the needs of global players and European corporations. Take in consideration what the people really want and the Ukip does not have any purpose to exist anymore and will soon pass into oblivion, for then their job is done.

As for Brighton HCO – see to that foreign drivers have excellent standards in English language and road knowledge and that they care for their job and their city. Then make sure that regulations are clear and just and avoid dodgy ones as the one about the driving licence, that it has to be UK-one for cab-licence renewal, for this will only keep all the foreign drivers away from returning home because they feel unwanted, for they, well, just do no really fit in, at least some of them. Then we can happily see cab-business prosper again and anti-foreigner resentments diminish.

Thanks for reading this here and maybe even thinking about it every now and then, my pleasure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next