Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:48 pm 
Your not saying that CTN is not what it's seems, I hope.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:13 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:
Private Hire cars are not taxis and therefore shouldn't have access to bus lanes.

Image[Automated by GetSmile]

B. Lucky :twisted:
thats right but we are still providing a sevice. so why should HC use bus lanes and not PH, time is money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:34 pm 
Ok then Mick.

Lets sort out all this them and us stuff.

Lets go back to the beginning.

Taxis can be hailed on Ranks and on the streets.

Private Hire can take telephone bookings and give jobs out by radio to PH vehicles.

No mixing between the two. That is you area, this is mine.

Claude, chuck away that DAC unit in your cab, cos that is PH work mate. The arm wavers and bus lanes are for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:24 pm 
The bus lanes in my area are both open to HCs and PHs. There is a little area of about 10 yards we cant go in at the end. But basically we have no problem.
Cant work out why its not the same everywhere. Vested interests sticking there noses in probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:20 pm 

What really annoys me is when the bus people say that HCs and PHs shouldn't be in the bus lanes, and perhaps even more, is those in the HC trade that say PHs shouldn't be in them.

Both HCs and PHs should have 'free and open' access to where ever. If it gets customers from A to B quickly, then lets have it.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:51 pm 

We are all part of the transport system and should be treated equally. Im a hack and I strongly believe that legitimate ph should have the same access rights.

Oh... and cgull... I know that 10yards... some ph and hacks do use it when they shouldnt. At one point I though the council were going to change it.

Hey...how about all those private cars, hacks & ph doing illegal turns into the top of West Street.. Makes my blood boil when they do that when they are actually going through the green man when people are crossing.

I have already contacted Mr Winder about it and will be writing the Chief Inspector. Two years ago I told someone about this probelm at the council who is responsible for the signage and he said that the signage is adequate!! One day someone is going to get run over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:23 am 

The best bit about the bus lanes I think you are talking about, is that licensed drivers from other areas can also use them. :D

Lovely jubbly. :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:40 am 

Yep... Its not restricted to the local lads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:29 am 
scanner wrote:
We are all part of the transport system and should be treated equally. Im a hack and I strongly believe that legitimate ph should have the same access rights.

Oh... and cgull... I know that 10yards... some ph and hacks do use it when they shouldnt. At one point I though the council were going to change it.

Hey...how about all those private cars, hacks & ph doing illegal turns into the top of West Street.. Makes my blood boil when they do that when they are actually going through the green man when people are crossing.

I have already contacted Mr Winder about it and will be writing the Chief Inspector. Two years ago I told someone about this probelm at the council who is responsible for the signage and he said that the signage is adequate!! One day someone is going to get run over.

Scanner,

So we should all be equal eh? all one happy super duper club?

no you dont mean that at all! what you mean is that the private hire mob can have anything they wish with one proviso, Hacks keep premiums.

hahahahah,.....................

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:48 pm 

Wharfy, it's now time to be nice to everyone. :wink:

We have fought the battles, we have at last won the war, we must now be magnanimous in the peace. :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:08 pm 

Someone's obviously got their spell-checker working. :D :D :D

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:18 pm 

I own both PH & HC and I don't see why all legitimatley licensed vehicles can't use :lol: BUS LANES THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE OF THE COUNTRY, :D after all we are all supposed to be part of the Intergrated Transport System. I thought the idea was to convey people via the most feasable & shortest route available. Why are they called Bus Lanes anyway, why not Taxi Lanes with access for Buses :idea: :!: Keep up the good work not long to retirement now, if there is a state pension by that time, anyway thats another issue.

Any Place Any Time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:37 pm 

I couldn't agree more Bryan.

It would also be nice if we could use the bus lanes in the smoke, and not pay the congestion charge.

But then again, how many votes does Ken get from Sussex? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:33 am 
Martini wrote:
I own both PH & HC and I don't see why all legitimatley licensed vehicles can't use :lol: BUS LANES THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE OF THE COUNTRY, :D after all we are all supposed to be part of the Intergrated Transport System. I thought the idea was to convey people via the most feasable & shortest route available. Why are they called Bus Lanes anyway, why not Taxi Lanes with access for Buses :idea: :!: Keep up the good work not long to retirement now, if there is a state pension by that time, anyway thats another issue.

Any Place Any Time

I couldnt disagree more, private hire are just ordinary cars with plates on, part of the integrated transport system? dont make me laugh they dont understand the meaning of the word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:43 am 

Anonymous wrote:
I couldnt disagree more, private hire are just ordinary cars with plates on, part of the integrated transport system? dont make me laugh they dont understand the meaning of the word.

and what about those areas where a hack is just a normal car with a roof sign?

both HC & PH can use bus lanes here. no hassle. (unless theres actully a bus there!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next