Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 pm 

It will mean that I can expand my business into the big city's near me without much expense. I will just need to do a bit of advertising and rent out a few PDAs to owner drivers in that area. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 pm 

grandad wrote:
It will mean that I can expand my business into the big city's near me without much expense. I will just need to do a bit of advertising and rent out a few PDAs to owner drivers in that area. :wink:

And that's the plus side, and I really wish you well.

The problem is where there is high standards which is then flooded by vehicles licensed in areas where the council doesn't give a sh**.

I bet the Liverpool trade are well happy with this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:11 am 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

And that's the plus side, and I really wish you well.

The problem is where there is high standards which is then flooded by vehicles licensed in areas where the council doesn't give a sh**.

I bet the Liverpool trade are well happy with this.

Yes, and the minus side is that a company from a big city can come here and do the same to us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:49 am 

Quote:
And it will help to make the passenger’s experience so much more convenient.

What Kind of Gobbledygook Committee speak is that....it doesnt make any sense! How can you make an experience more convenient? #-o

You can give the Passenger an experience of service to remember along with convenience of local availability...but you can't make an experience more convenient.

Besides, Like any profession You only get what you pay for, if you want higher quality and reliability then you pay top dollar for it, or if you simply want average but adequate quality and reliability then expect to pay less....but why pay top dollar for a service provider in one area who may only supply a second rate subcontractor in another area to do their dirty work whilst they themselves pocket the difference in prices because they will be paid directly by the client at point of booking. :?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:23 am 

grandad wrote:
Yes, and the minus side is that a company from a big city can come here and do the same to us.

...and the same way company from the rat hole in the ass of the world can come to to Big City and do the same to them... can`t you see positive side of it? with all my respect.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:30 am 

o-marek wrote:
grandad wrote:

...and the same way company from the rat hole in the ass of the world can come to to Big City and do the same to them... can`t you see positive side of it? with all my respect.

Of course I can see the positive side. I put that in my first post.
It will help one of my mates no end. He provides transport from airports for foreign students. When it comes to September he struggles to cope with using firms in his manor. With this he will be able to source more vehicles and "it will help to make the passenger’s experience so much more convenient."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:24 pm 

grandad wrote:
o-marek wrote:
grandad wrote:

It will help one of my mates no end. He provides transport from airports for foreign students. When it comes to September he struggles to cope with using firms in his manor. With this he will be able to source more vehicles and "it will help to make the passenger’s experience so much more convenient."

Fechin hell..the Gobbledygooks become contagious.. #-o

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:00 pm 

grandad wrote:

They could do that now.

That said having read the actual proposed wording I'm not convinced you could do what you said above, unless the vehicles you pass the work to have their own individual operator licenses.

Or they are hackneys.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:54 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:
o-marek wrote:

:mrgreen: I thought you would like that. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:42 pm 

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
:mrgreen: I thought you would like that. :mrgreen:

:-$ [-X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:39 pm 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

They could do that now.

That said having read the actual proposed wording I'm not convinced you could do what you said above, unless the vehicles you pass the work to have their own individual operator licenses.

Or they are hackneys.

If they're hackneys you can do that now surely :? The considerable differences between the costs of operator licences between the towns and cities would make a difference as to how many private hire drivers went down the route of obtaining their own operators licence, here it's about £125 for a year, Liverpool it's £750 for 3 years and according to their website in Sefton it's £25 which appears very cheap. I guess if it's that cheap I'll be able to get lots of drivers that want to boost their income to work for me but not very many Liverpool drivers. That said it wouldn't matter because Sefton drivers are all over Liverpool like a rash :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:17 pm 

toots wrote:
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

They could do that now.

Or they are hackneys.

If they're hackneys you can do that now surely :? The considerable differences between the costs of operator licences between the towns and cities would make a difference as to how many private hire drivers went down the route of obtaining their own operators licence, here it's about £125 for a year, Liverpool it's £750 for 3 years and according to their website in Sefton it's £25 which appears very cheap. I guess if it's that cheap I'll be able to get lots of drivers that want to boost their income to work for me but not very many Liverpool drivers. That said it wouldn't matter because Sefton drivers are all over Liverpool like a rash :lol:

Sefton..This year will be reducing licencing fees :shock: we hope..