Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:14 pm 

Having some t*sser acting as if he may throw up or worse in your cab is more distracting than answering the godamm phone. What about the punters who say "Dont know the address but i'll direct you" only they give you 1/2 seconds notice on a turn.
cabbies are notoriously good dual taskers, it comes with the job. I know I can answer the phone and still drive safely. Its only another way to empty the pockets of motorists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:38 pm 
Mr Hun

I guess you think drink driving is ok if you only have few pints as well?

Stop living in the dark ages, put a door on the cave.

8 people have been killed on the road within 10 miles of my office in the last month. When might it be one of my colleagues?

Don't suppose you ever knocked on a fellow drivers door at 01.00 on Xmas Morning to tell his wife he was in hospital fighting for his life? I have and I never want to do something like that again.

Road safety has to be improved and the ignorance you show is the biggest type of danger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:13 pm 

thehappyhun wrote:
Having some t*sser acting as if he may throw up or worse in your cab is more distracting than answering the godamm phone. What about the punters who say "Dont know the address but i'll direct you" only they give you 1/2 seconds notice on a turn.
cabbies are notoriously good dual taskers, it comes with the job. I know I can answer the phone and still drive safely. Its only another way to empty the pockets of motorists.

You are right that the only thing stopping us having an easy life, is the customers that pay our bills.

Alas you can't have one without the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:20 pm 
Mobile phones, eh? How did we ever manage without them? There is no need for anyone to be yapping on the phone while they are driving. And, sorry Hun, if you are answering your mobile phone then you AIN'T driving safely mate, whatever you may think.

Post subject: Re: mobile phones
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:28 pm 
thehappyhun wrote:
So you can only use hands free mobile phones whilst driving. This enables you to have both hands available to controle the car? Does this now make it illegle for people who have lost an arm to drive a vehicle. If not, why not? I myself drive an automatic car ideal for any one who has lost an arm or who needs to answer the damm phone. If I can be fined for using the phone in my automatic car (because I am driving using one hand) then all 1 armed drivers beware. I feel european beurocratic legislation sneeking up on us all. say no. We the people are suposed to tell the govt. what we want, not them forceing us to conform to some idiotic horsesh*t idea by someone with too much time on their hands.

I read somewhere that if used too much the radiation from a mobile can scramble your brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:30 pm 
Nuff said :roll:

Post subject: Re: mobile phones
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:56 pm 

Anonymous wrote:

I read somewhere that if used too much the radiation from a mobile can scramble your brain.

That is just complete bollfizzlyuckssimpolyfragllezopnilk !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:28 am 

Oh dear some of you guys seem to be getting a bit het up :twisted: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:34 am 

Well, you started it!

Dusty :)