Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:49 am 

187ums wrote:
and anyway where are these responses from councils that you keep banging on about?

All in good time.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:50 am 

MR T wrote:
S.K.U.L.L. :lol:

I feel that I must say this, It has been my experience in life, that the people who buy cab's and plates allways get on in life,(that is the ones that think before they leap) but the ones that do all the shouting stay on the bottom rung of the ladder, must be something in the air or maybe not..mrT..p.s I have a brother who is a psyhatrist he can help... 8)

Mr T... :lol:

It has been my experience in life, that people who buy cab’s and plates are at the mercy of the Council and what they decide when it comes to knowledge tests, fare tariffs, vehicle choice, de-restriction, surveys of demand and suspensions for god only knows what.

Hardly a recipe “for getting on in life” as you put it, more like going cap in hand hoping to preserve a plate value and a job while working an inordinate amount of hours to keep the little illusion of success going. You must be getting dizzy way up there on your rung of the ladder Mr T, makes me wonder why you bother slumming it down here with us minions. But then again as they say, some people need to look down to look up, like someone who buys cab’s and plates and always gets on in life.

Maybe you can tell us why any driver should put himself into debt to do his job if he wants to run his own taxi. If you do the knowledge the plate should be yours if you want it. It’s that simple.

Now tell me again about your brother the psychiatrist I would be interested in meeting him if only to find out how he has had little or no success with you. Not much of a recommendation there. :badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:15 am 

187ums wrote:
you know Skull the more you post, the more I see right through you. All you are is an opportunist - someone out thier to make a fast buck.

You have got me all wrong 187ums and you are confusing me with someone who cares. If dereg comes and the drivers get their plates I’m delighted. If we get our plates and there is still a value in running them or selling them on, once again I’m delighted. I am not telling anyone to buy a plate nor am I telling anyone not to, everyone make’s their own choices in life, come what may.

What I don’t like is the prospect of paying a [edited by admin] load of money to buy something that might be worth diddly squat the next day and for what, to say I am an owner, a made man because I own a taxi. You have got be having a laugh. The banks, the finance company, the council, the running costs, the hours, everybody owns a piece of you but you.

Not for me, and let me tell you something I am on my way out of this little Council run dictatorship but I won’t be far away. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:52 am 

187ums wrote:
and anyway where are these responses from councils that you keep banging on about?

Councils have 20 days to respond to FoI act requests, so you will just have to wait. :D

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:59 pm 
ALEX was there a problem with my post to skull or have you removed it by mistake......... :?: mrT....?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:27 pm 

MR T wrote:
ALEX was there a problem with my post to skull or have you removed it by mistake......... :?: mrT....?????

Your post was a reply to a post that I deleted, thus it looked out of place on it's own.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:38 pm 
Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
S.K.U.L.L. :lol:

I feel that I must say this, It has been my experience in life, that the people who buy cab's and plates allways get on in life,(that is the ones that think before they leap) but the ones that do all the shouting stay on the bottom rung of the ladder, must be something in the air or maybe not..mrT..p.s I have a brother who is a psyhatrist he can help... 8)

It has been my experience in life, that people who buy cab’s and plates are at the mercy of the Council and what they decide when it comes to knowledge tests, fare tariffs, vehicle choice, de-restriction, surveys of demand and suspensions for god only knows what.

Hardly a recipe “for getting on in life” as you put it, more like going cap in hand hoping to preserve a plate value and a job while working an inordinate amount of hours to keep the little illusion of success going. You must be getting dizzy way up there on your rung of the ladder Mr T, makes me wonder why you bother slumming it down here with us minions. But then again as they say, some people need to look down to look up, like someone who buys cab’s and plates and always gets on in life.

Maybe you can tell us why any driver should put himself into debt to do his job if he wants to run his own taxi. If you do the knowledge the plate should be yours if you want it. It’s that simple.

Now tell me again about your brother the psychiatrist I would be interested in meeting him if only to find out how he has had little or no success with you. Not much of a recommendation there. :badgrin:

Alex my post was a reply to this.............so do I have your permission to repost.......mrT 8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:58 pm 

Skull wrote:
187ums wrote:
you know Skull the more you post, the more I see right through you. All you are is an opportunist - someone out thier to make a fast buck.

You have got me all wrong 187ums and you are confusing me with someone who cares. If dereg comes and the drivers get their plates I’m delighted. If we get our plates and there is still a value in running them or selling them on, once again I’m delighted. I am not telling anyone to buy a plate nor am I telling anyone not to, everyone make’s their own choices in life, come what may.

What I don’t like is the prospect of paying a s**t load of money to buy something that might be worth diddly squat the next day and for what, to say I am an owner, a made man because I own a taxi. You have got be having a laugh. The banks, the finance company, the council, the running costs, the hours, everybody owns a piece of you but you.

Not for me, and let me tell you something I am on my way out of this little Council run dictatorship but I won’t be far away.

I am beginning to think you are the guy that might finally unite the cab trade :D :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:19 am 

Now tell me again about your brother the psychiatrist I would be interested in meeting him if only to find out how he has had little or no success with you. Not much of a recommendation there. :badgrin:[/quote]

:cry: Skull I know you well, I have seen your ilk before, your name was different it was bill joe and mike, but you always do the same, you bully your way through life, you stand in council chambers,
and call them names such as liar and cheat, and you tell them that they can't do this and can't do that, you have your own little clique, but they will dwindle as time goes by and you will be alone, and it will be somebody elses fault not yours :cry:

and no matter what advice you are given it will always be wrong I need say no more , for you will never listen :cry: ..love mr T... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:49 am 

Let me help you with this Mr.T.

I am one of life’s dyslexics and I can’t even write without a computer. You might want to look at this software.

Don Johnston Special Needs and Tony Buzan Mind Genius Business Program.

I am not kidding, have a look at the software I use a programme called Co writer and Write Out Loud as well as others.

We could go back and forward for ever but I would rather you brought yourself up to scratch.

The grunt, grunt routine does my brains in.

If you are not interested get the programs for your kids. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:56 am 
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:59 am 

MR T wrote:
:lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: is that it mrT :lol:

Grunt :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:14 am 

Alex, what happend to my post in response to realcabforce and his posts.

What gives?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:17 am 
To put this one to rest. I am a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion without fear of being verbally abused or ridiculed.
We recently had a spell where several people with their own agenda tried to usurp this forum.
Jim Taylor chose to join them and in the process he has tried, and continues to try, to decry both this site and me personally.
All of these people have caused irreparable damage to the ability of any forum such as this to provide a platform for free speech, where opposing viewpoints can be aired and disagreements can take place without the need for personal abuse.
I cannot and would not stop Jim Taylor from stating his views, but I can prevent him from abusing others on this forum and I do so in the hope that those others may be encouraged to state their views knowing they will not receive a vitriolic response.
Hopefully you will now understand the why.
regards
do you know him.....love mr T..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:40 am 

MR T wrote:
To put this one to rest. I am a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion without fear of being verbally abused or ridiculed.
We recently had a spell where several people with their own agenda tried to usurp this forum.
Jim Taylor chose to join them and in the process he has tried, and continues to try, to decry both this site and me personally.
All of these people have caused irreparable damage to the ability of any forum such as this to provide a platform for free speech, where opposing viewpoints can be aired and disagreements can take place without the need for personal abuse.
I cannot and would not stop Jim Taylor from stating his views, but I can prevent him from abusing others on this forum and I do so in the hope that those others may be encouraged to state their views knowing they will not receive a vitriolic response.
Hopefully you will now understand the why.
regards
do you know him.....love mr T..

What are you on about?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next