Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:48 pm 

So who is Jim Taylor? and whats his angle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:09 pm 

187ums wrote:
So who is Jim Taylor? and whats his angle?

A friend of mine with an acrid and erudite ability when it comes to putting pen to paper, a bit like JD with venom. :badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:03 pm 

You must have missed JD's venom :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:08 pm 

Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
To put this one to rest. I am a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion without fear of being verbally abused or ridiculed.
We recently had a spell where several people with their own agenda tried to usurp this forum.
Jim Taylor chose to join them and in the process he has tried, and continues to try, to decry both this site and me personally.
All of these people have caused irreparable damage to the ability of any forum such as this to provide a platform for free speech, where opposing viewpoints can be aired and disagreements can take place without the need for personal abuse.
I cannot and would not stop Jim Taylor from stating his views, but I can prevent him from abusing others on this forum and I do so in the hope that those others may be encouraged to state their views knowing they will not receive a vitriolic response.
Hopefully you will now understand the why.
regards
do you know him.....love mr T..

What are you on about?

Mr T 'nicked' that from the 'sewing bee' :lol:

For the unitiated, the 'sewing bee' is the old Fastblacks forum in Edinburgh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:23 pm 

TDO wrote:
Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
To put this one to rest. I am a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion without fear of being verbally abused or ridiculed.
We recently had a spell where several people with their own agenda tried to usurp this forum.
Jim Taylor chose to join them and in the process he has tried, and continues to try, to decry both this site and me personally.
All of these people have caused irreparable damage to the ability of any forum such as this to provide a platform for free speech, where opposing viewpoints can be aired and disagreements can take place without the need for personal abuse.
I cannot and would not stop Jim Taylor from stating his views, but I can prevent him from abusing others on this forum and I do so in the hope that those others may be encouraged to state their views knowing they will not receive a vitriolic response.
regards

What are you on about?

Have you had a look at what they talk about on the sewing bee, my god you just can't take them seriously.

Jim Taylor has more than a point, they never discuss anything that may be a little contentious. Its handbags at dawn, when Taylor was unceremoniously removed the forum died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:52 pm 
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:00 pm 

So what justifications have councils given? :-k

And what consumer benefits are customers gaining from having less? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:06 pm 

Well as far as the fastblack site is concerned, there is "contentious" and there is "contentious" some of the bellicose responses from the posters showed characteristics more in keeping with a deep seated psychosis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:19 pm 

A famous psychologist once said "find me someone who is sane and I will cure him"
:wink:

Carl Jung.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:20 pm 

Skull wrote:
A famous psychologist once said "find me someone who is sane and I will cure him"

Carl Jung.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:04 pm 

Sirius wrote:
Skull wrote:

Carl Jung.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought you would like that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:43 am 

Skull wrote:
TDO wrote:
Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
regards

What are you on about?

Have you had a look at what they talk about on the sewing bee, my god you just can't take them seriously.

Jim Taylor has more than a point, they never discuss anything that may be a little contentious. Its handbags at dawn, when Taylor was unceremoniously removed the forum died.

It's the forum that get things done tho :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:47 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
TDO wrote:
Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
regards

What are you on about?

It's the forum that get things done tho :wink:

You could say that :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:48 am 
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:54 am 

MR T wrote:
Skull wrote:
You could say that :wink:

He did.... :roll: mr T.. :wink:

I know... :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next