Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Scottish Section
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:46 pm 

The Scottish Section is no more.

All the posts have been moved to the News Sections.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject: Re: Scottish Section
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:20 pm 

A tad heavy handed, I'm sure it's not the way Gus would have wanted it, There are many other Scots who would still like it to be in place..me for one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:43 am 

bloodnock wrote:
A tad heavy handed, I'm sure it's not the way Gus would have wanted it, There are many other Scots who would still like it to be in place..me for one.

I totally agree Bloodnock
Why should their be no scottish section any more, there are still a lot of scottish drivers on here.

Yes Gus did post alot on and he would be very sad at the decision.

My husband Gus was very passionate abt scotland and the taxi trade. I for one will be carrying on his fight in the taxi trade all over.

LEAVE THE SCOTTISH SECTION IN PLACE

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

Alba Gu BrĂ th

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:29 am 

Scotland being part of the UK I don't see the issue to be honest. We don't have an English section or an Irish section. Nobody says the Scottish can't post they'll just be posting in the same sections as everybody else.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:19 am 

It was put there not by request of the Scots, but by the actual site itself who felt that it needed/warranted a Scots section. The number of posts indicate that the decision was correct. Unfortunately we are all at some time going to pass on, as such because one actually does, RIP, I do not see it as a reason or a democratic reason to pull a whole section.

One person makes a decision.....and a whole section of the forum suffers because of it #-o Imo a needless unnecessary decision.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:45 am 

It was taking so long for the (unpaid) Moderators to deal with the section it was unviable. You only had to look at the huge number of "Locked" threads to see the problem.

Problem I foresee is the number of locked threads that will now appear to all of us.

At least the Scottish section could be ignored by those of us that dislike personal attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:15 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
It was taking so long for the (unpaid) Moderators to deal with the section it was unviable. You only had to look at the huge number of "Locked" threads to see the problem.

Problem I foresee is the number of locked threads that will now appear to all of us.

At least the Scottish section could be ignored by those of us that dislike personal attacks.

If I remember correctly "Me" being embroiled in a bit of a ruck with one or two over the years, was guilty of requesting a bit of moderation re language and personal insults, to only be told (words to the effect of) "If we moderated the language and insults then we may as well shut down THE FORUM".

Some decorum was needed and for that matter still needs to be introduced. To actually shut a forum because one was ticked off with a reasonable request.....is very dictatorial, flying in the face of the free speech that has been the case for many years on here.

If the mods are feeling overworked then standards need to be reinforced after posting notice of change, should that fail then perhaps more moderators need to be put in place. With regards to personal attacks I will only give it back when the OP has has started it, working on the basis that it is not being moderated, and there is no such thing as a free slap. Having said that - personal attacks have been allowed on all parts of the forum not just the Scottish section. One in particular from the Scottish section posted more disgusting insults than anyone else in the English/Welsh/Irish section of the forum......and nothing was said. On that basis whose fault is that for forums getting out of line......."Give them an inch - and they will take a mile".

P.S. A section that has obviously not been read by many for quite a long time.

Quote:
Taxi Driver Online - Registration Agreement Terms

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age

All it needs is to be enforced, then there will be no need to take whole forums out, and tbh a worse time to do it, could not have been picked.

Personally I am not looking for a scapegoat, but! where does the blame if any, actually lay? Whilst I am for free speech, from where I am standing there are limits as to how far members should be allowed to go. The rules are clearly set out and all it needs to bring us up to speed in an ever moving world is enforcement....perhaps the forum can then be more civilised.

Banter within reason is fine - personal is not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:32 pm 

I take on board what is being said, but those posts that left the Scottish Section cannot be put back.

It was a one way ticket.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]