Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: iCabbi.. THE TRUTH
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:24 pm 

Is iCabbi really as good as what the sales people say, no glitches, no down time, no nothing! We all use our different systems and we all know that each have their own little issues, some more than others but what I am finding a little annoying is not a single person has said a wrong word about iCabbi, is it really that wonderful, or am I living on cloud cuckoo. NOTHING IS PERFECT, why is nobody saying anything at all, even a simple issue that Chrome changes its policy so that had an effect on the system.. but nobody says anything. Speak up, it is a free country, sales people will never ever mention anything wrong so the truth can only come from the users..

Post subject: Re: iCabbi.. THE TRUTH
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:02 pm 

People tend to complain when things go wrong, so maybe the lack of posts proves something! When they say there is practically zero downtime they are referring to Amazons servers, your own broadband supply is a different matter and is obviously beyond iCabbi's control. We have iCabbi and whilst we do have some issues with it, these are dealt with. The only downtime we have ever had was when BT Broadband went down, but we have a back up dongle which got us back up within 60 seconds.
Is it the best system out there, maybe, is it the cheapest, certainly not. If you have any further questions please feel free to PM me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:25 am 

compared to our last dispatch system the icabbi system is a god send we have been with them for a couple of years it is so feature rich i dont think any system comes close to it we have had not more than 5 minutes downtime with them in the last 2 years compared to our last system which used to go down at least twice a week also with so many new features implemented every month i would be shocked if the majority of private hire companies in the uk are not on the icabbi system in the next couple of years

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:04 am 

I'm guessing the truth is too much for "the dispatcher" as he/she hasn't commented since their original post, and both his/her posts have been about iCabbi so is their a hidden agenda?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:07 pm 

I will give an honest assessment if people have some kind of hidden agenda they can carry on ive worked with most data dispatch systems including auriga.autocab but at this moment in time Icabbi is light years ahead of the competition in features & stability which is also proven with how many big companies in the uk that are having the icabbi system installed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:23 pm 

Anything has got to be better than Mercury.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:38 pm 

Im surprised your lot have not moved over to Icabbi yet Nidge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:21 pm 

labraiz wrote:
Im surprised your lot have not moved over to Icabbi yet Nidge

They upgraded to Mercury 2 despite me telling him not to, he's tied into a contract for another 2 years. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:41 pm 

icabbi is fantastic, 110%, a godsend

there, that should shut him up

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:48 pm 

No agenda, don't we all want to know the system that gives the least hassle. I have worked with 4 different systems, Auriga, Mercury, Cabmaster and Autocab, all are great when they do what they suppose to do but when they go wrong, it is just crazy, whatever system is in place, going to old fashioned radio is just not as easy as the old days because the o;d days, everything was in place for pen and paper dispatch but swopping in an instant from PC to paper, no screen, drivers screaming, no pens even... it is impossible...there needs to be a system in place that if it goes down...your work is still visible, without seeing the work already booked in, your time is spent playing catch up when they ring to complain...some sort of mirror image is required that would not disappear if the system crashed.
I think we would all like that, so as I say, no agenda, just that some things are too good to be true especially from salesmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:41 pm 

thedispatcher wrote:
No agenda, don't we all want to know the system that gives the least hassle. I have worked with 4 different systems, Auriga, Mercury, Cabmaster and Autocab, all are great when they do what they suppose to do but when they go wrong, it is just crazy, whatever system is in place, going to old fashioned radio is just not as easy as the old days because the o;d days, everything was in place for pen and paper dispatch but swopping in an instant from PC to paper, no screen, drivers screaming, no pens even... it is impossible...there needs to be a system in place that if it goes down...your work is still visible, without seeing the work already booked in, your time is spent playing catch up when they ring to complain...some sort of mirror image is required that would not disappear if the system crashed.
I think we would all like that, so as I say, no agenda, just that some things are too good to be true especially from salesmen

all suppliers should have mirror servers, everything backed up on a different server ready to swap over in a flash

and bases need to consider what happens the mains leccy goes off, you cant blame Mercury for that