Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: slowblacks alan g
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:05 am 

read this pi sss on the slowblacks site by its founder alan g

since almost everyone in the trade is barred from the site and no one is allowed to sign up i thought id post it here so we can all have a looksee at the other sides stranges viewpoint.
just a thought alan g, since the list has been closed since 1994 and said list is ran on a points system that i take it you a agree with.one which! if i was allowed on this list i would jump to the top of it how can you possible accuse me of que jumping ????
Quote:
alan g
Don't believe everything you read on taxi forums!!!
Jim Taylor has been a profit of doom for some time - but we're still here.
Skull and his gang were sure they would win free plates - they didn't.
They promised an appeal - they didn't appeal (yet)
Now they think that with the backing of a barrackroom lawyer by the name of Davis and TDO (a taxi website) they will discredit the Jacobs report and have numerical derestriction forced upon us despite the findings of the report being generally accepted by most right-thinking people.
From reading some of their postings on the TDO forum, it would appear that the other tsunami is heading for Mark Greengrass and ITS, since wiping out any value in plates would remove the need for incorporation to transfer a plate.
I believe there will be extra plates issued as and when it is deemed necessary, but I do not think that they will bow to the current crop of losers who simply tried to "queuejump."
Probably they will use the airport changes as the reason, despite that being wrong, since any taxis working out there will merely replace PHC, who are not just going to sell up but more probably try to take up the slack in the city left by the taxis who went out to the airport.
Remember the motto of 3max wotsits (well they are a bit cheesy!!) "Never let the truth get in the way of our lies."

by the way whats the definition of a right thinking person #-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:45 am 

Sounds like Alan G is trying to buoy up the troops, doesn’t that [edited by admin] wit realise that this war is not for the faint hearted.

Here’s a very appropriate post from Mack:

Theodore Roosevelt

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcomings, who knows the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at his best knows in the end the high achievement of triumph and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, knows his place shall never be with those timid and cold souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:22 am 

You guys now qouting from one of the other superiour forums says it all really, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:24 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
You guys now qouting from one of the other superiour forums says it all really, :lol:

if its superior what you over here for??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:09 pm 

if you want real censorship to go with youre real why not go over thier im sure the snipeing retard alan g will break his own rules to let someone like you register.nothing like patting each other on the back to make you feel secure
mind you they dont want any new members incase one of them has a different view than thiers
a working membership of 2.debating at its highest level methinks breathtaking stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:55 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:

Good one Realcabforceforum, what can I say, I bet your still patting yourself on the back.
:roll:

Post subject: Re: slowblacks alan g
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:38 pm 

Quote:
alan g
Don't believe everything you read on taxi forums!!!

Mr G is quite welcome on TDO if he wishes to raise any points. All we ask is that he conforms with the rules. As for his comments about forums we ask only to be judged by our own standards. Where fiction is transposed as fact, then we on TDO will endeavour to make sure the facts are known. What others say or do is a matter for their own "conscience".

Regards

JD