Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 27`imac
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:45 am 

need a bit of advise please, buying a imac today & was wondering what the best av is for it? used pc`s for years now & just fed up with all the updates etc, i used avast free on that, will it work on the mac at all or is there a better one out there? cheers, also if anyone knows any good tuts out there let me know its a big step for a old bloke :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: 27`imac
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:16 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
need a bit of advise please, buying a imac today & was wondering what the best av is for it? used pc`s for years now & just fed up with all the updates etc, i used avast free on that, will it work on the mac at all or is there a better one out there? cheers, also if anyone knows any good tuts out there let me know its a big step for a old bloke :lol: :lol:

If you want something to fry your brain buy a Mac. If you want something simple and easy to use buy a Windows based PC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:31 pm 

its fine, don't need av anyway, just found out :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:32 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

If you want something to fry your brain buy a Mac. If you want something simple and easy to use buy a Windows based PC

i have a windows based pc mate, its 6 months old , have had windows for years, enough is enough though , just sick of all the crap tbh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:38 pm 

There is a reason why the iMac 27inch will cost you an arm and leg. I left Windows in 2003. I've never looked back.

If you are sick of Windows, going the Mac way is the best thing you can ever do. Besides, you can run Windows on a Mac without the stupid viruses haunting you. OS X doesn't need any anti virus at all. Most Mac software will refuse to install if the author is not known by Apple and it will require a bit of fiddling to install untrusted software.

OS X is built on the Unix base Kernel and security-wise unix is just way beyond Windows by light years. And for peace of mind, buy a mac. But please don't update your operating system until at least 8 months after its been released. Because it can be a bit buggy. Don't turn File Vault on unless you like slow computers. Its too secure and slows down the machine or if you turn it on, buy more memory.